PDA

View Full Version : QQ UTG and on the bubble

CrisBrown
01-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi All,

Situation: $33 two-table SNG on PokerStars. Blinds are 100/200 with 25 antes. Five players left (top four pay) and I'm the chip leader with ~11,500, having rebuilt my stack after I called an all-in reraise with TT only to find my opponent had AA. Now I'm UTG with QQ. I make it 600. Button moves all-in for ~1900. SB moves all-in for ~4500.

Reads: Button is a solid player and has come back from ~350 after I flopped a set on 22 to his top pair on QJ. But he's short-stacked and I figure he has to move in on any decent hand. SB has been very tight-aggressive at the final table; he hasn't played many pots, but has pushed all-in on every pot he's played.

What do you do?

Results in white text below:

<font color="white"> I called time and used almost half my time bank mulling this over. I wasn't worried about the button as he was short-stacked and had to move. I was worried about the SB, but I reasoned he'd moved in on every hand he had played, so this wasn't an automatic AA or KK read. I called. Button had KTs; SB had TT. My QQ held up, and I busted both of them to take a dominating lead and coasted to a win. </font>

Cris

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-27-2004, 09:29 AM
In your position you have to ask, would the SB make this isolation play against the big stack with TT? Remember, you raised first and the button's reraise could easily be a middle pair. To me, this is close between calling and folding. Forced to make a decision, I might choose to keep my 10,900 and see what transpires.

CrisBrown
01-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Hiya Kurn,

[ QUOTE ]
In your position you have to ask, would the SB make this isolation play against the big stack with TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

As it turns out, that's exactly what he had. But I was thinking the same thing: this smells a whole lot like AA, KK, or AK.

[ QUOTE ]
To me, this is close between calling and folding. Forced to make a decision, I might choose to keep my 10,900 and see what transpires.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very nearly did exactly that. The deciding factor was that the SB had pushed in with every hand he'd played at the final table, so I really couldn't pin this down to a monster hand isolation play. But for that, I'd have folded.

Cris

ohkanada
01-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Being 5 handed and with your stack I call. With a 5k stack I think it is a tougher choice.

Ken Poklitar

Vince Lepore
02-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Fold.