PDA

View Full Version : Everybody stand back, I have AK.

BigEndian
01-26-2004, 11:44 PM
This table is tight, which leads to players raising with hands they shouldn't. In particular is MP1, he is also well known for calling hands further than he should.

Party Poker 5/10 (9 handed)
BigEndian has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is SB

MP1 raises, MP2 calls, Button folds, BigEndian 3-bets, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Flop(10 SB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BigEndian checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, BigEndian raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Turn(8 BB): J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BigEndian bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

River(11 BB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BigEndian bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds

Thoughts?
Reads on my opponents hand?

- Jim

MarkD
01-27-2004, 12:34 AM
You went too far with this hand.

Pre-flop = great.
Flop = fine.
Turn = not bad but what are you hoping to accomplish? Do you feel you have the best hand? Are you hoping they will both fold? MP1 - will he call with nothing? You say he calls too far, but will he call with nothing on the turn here? My typical play would be to check and fold here.

River = bad. Your hand can't be good here and you can't get them both to fold so why not check.

I don't have enough info to put the players on a hand. I've seen guys play just how you describe MP1 and show up at the end with 44 or 55, or 78s, or J9, JT, KJ, etc. That overcaller on the turn has to make you think someone has a pair at least IMO.

Vehn
01-27-2004, 12:36 AM
I dunno about the hand but its the best post title ever.

BigEndian
01-27-2004, 12:57 AM
Good points. I felt once I CRed the flop that it's was bet to the river or nothing once they didn't fold.

I'm representing a big pair, but you'll see people call to the river very frequently with a low pair and then fold if they don't improve. Once I took control of the hand, I felt betting the whole way was the only way to go. And betting the river is likely the only way I win it.

I lost the hand to AT.

- Jim

BigEndian
01-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Danke /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Jim

cold_cash
01-27-2004, 04:35 AM
This is exactly what I thought..lol

I actually chuckled out loud when I read it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nate tha' Great
01-27-2004, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm representing a big pair, but you'll see people call to the river very frequently with a low pair and then fold if they don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

More frequently, they'll call to the river and call if they don't improve. They'll sometimes fold if something scary happens - like the board pairs a card, or completes a draw, or an ace comes when it wasn't there before. But most of the time, they'll call anyway.