PDA

View Full Version : Playing AAxx differntly PLO

Acesover8s
01-26-2004, 11:16 PM
$1-2$ blinds. I ($90) am in BB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. 2 limpers. Next player ($200) makes it $9 to go. Folded back to me, normally I'd put in a reraise here, but the stacks are all wrong, everyone has me covered, I'm out of position, and as far as aces go, mine aren't the best.

So I just call. Limpers fold.

Flop comes K 2 5 with one /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check, he bets the pot, and I raise all in.

Good, bad? Too aggressive?

dogsballs
01-27-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah, sure. Bad position is a killer. Not good to give away the likely nature of half your hand out of position by reraising preflop and a bunch of chips left.

This flop is ok for you. Deuce and a 5 arent likely to have hit a raiser unless he's whacky and enjoys stuff like pumping two small pair preflop...

You're only worried about KK really, but only so many ways he can have them of course. Even if he does go with you and has those cowboys, you have some outs. On many days when he does call, you'll just find him with a fistful of big cards including a K. Except when you see the A's, but then you're the one freerolling with your straight draw.

Count me as a vote for OK.