PDA

View Full Version : One two three four let's have a blind war

Nate tha' Great
01-26-2004, 07:17 PM
My opponent here has been loose and, per my pokertracker notes, fairly passive. At the time, my read on him was closer to loose aggressive.

Party Poker 5/10 (3 handed)
Nate has 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif and is BB

Button folds, SB raises, Nate calls

Flop(4 SB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, Nate raises, SB 3-bets, Nate calls

Turn(5 BB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Nate bets, SB raises

Stop right there.

3-bet or call him down?

Schneids
01-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Since this session he has appeared to be more loose-aggressive to you, I'd 3-bet the turn, then call if he caps (and check/call the river). I wouldn't be surprised to see a lone king or perhaps a king with a club.

DaveB
01-26-2004, 07:29 PM
I raise again here. You have a flush heads up. If he can beat that then oh well. I think I fold this preflop though.

ZeeJustin
01-26-2004, 07:50 PM
I'd cap the flop so you could take a free card if you missed the turn.

James282
01-26-2004, 08:27 PM
three-bet every single time! king with a big club looks likely - or at least likely enough to raise it and call down even if reraised(you will probably still be good a lot of the time).
-James

stripsqueez
01-26-2004, 11:06 PM
i fold pre-flop

i would cap the flop for the free turn card

i would 3 bet the turn although just call the river if he caps the turn - if he caps the turn and checks the river he is ulysses or zee justin and i would check

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Nate tha' Great
01-27-2004, 11:36 AM
My opponent had A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He capped the turn and then pulled a Clarkmeister trick on the river, which I regrettably fell for.

I still have him marked down as a fish. But I think he played his hand really well.

daryn
01-28-2004, 12:01 AM
i think you played it right. i wouldn't fold this preflop against a loose sb raiser, nor would i cap the flop.

against a loose raiser in the sb who could be raising with almost any 2 cards in that spot, i'm pretty sure it's correct to call with one gap suited connectors all the way down to 64s, but probably not with 42s.