PDA

View Full Version : Queens

theBruiser500
01-26-2004, 07:10 PM
$100 PP NLHE, shorthnaded game, me and my opponent have $100 stacks. I have QQ on the button, it's folded to me. The player in the BB has been playing a little crazy and raising most pots so I just called with the intention of raising him. But the SB raised to $6 before he got a chance, the BB called, then I raised to $24, the SB called and the BB folded.

I vaguely remember playing with him before and I think he's a little loose. Flop comes TKK, he checks, I bet $30. He calls.

Turn comes 4, he checks, I bet all in, he calls. River is a jack, and he takes it down with AK.

Should I have been trying to value bet this so agressively? Should I have check/called him the whole way? Do I bet the flop then try and check it down? Or, considering that I raised him a significant amount preflop, can I say to myself, the odds are just too great that he has AA, KK, AK, TT, and get away from the hand? Any comments appreciated.

danny

Jon Matthews
01-26-2004, 08:06 PM
You gotta shut down after the flop here with most stack sizes, especially bigger ones and probably including yours. I would be pretty sure he has AK with the knowledge that he just called your reraise preflop and just called on the flop.