PDA

View Full Version : Another interesting hand

10-24-2001, 07:52 AM
Playing some 3-6-12 kill.

I get Q4o in BB but I get a free play in a multiway pot.

Flop is AA5 and it's checked around.

Turn is a 2. I check and it's checked to someone in mid-position who bets out. The guy on his left calls. The action comes to me. I'm sitting in seat 10 and the players in seats 1 and 2 have yet to act behind me. I look at the bettor and the caller and my judgment says that they have . I deliberate for a bit, and raise to 12. Seat 1 to my left calls and seat 2 folds. The bettor and caller both fold on cue.

The river fails to produce the Q or 3 I was looking for although I don't recall what the river card was. Having no read on seat 1 I check. He checks and I show Q-high and he shows a 5 to take the pot.

Comments? Results to follow.

10-24-2001, 10:06 AM
I don't think you played this well. You have at most 5 outs and your raise is essentially a bluff. If you are going to make this play (which I don't like) you have to fire again on the river and hope to win the pot.

Paul Talbot

10-24-2001, 12:01 PM
You seem to be getting 2:1 for your semi-bluff which looks like plenty since you do have a few outs. Get a read and go for it. On the river you are getting about 5:1 to finish the bluff which is probably enough against some loose "one time" callers, although of course your skin is crawling. Against a tight caller you are dead since he isn't going to call a double bet and then not one more.

- Louie

10-24-2001, 07:01 PM
um, I guess I posted the results in the original message. (posting at 5am no good...)