PDA

View Full Version : What an explosion!

Chris Villalobos
01-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Wow, I remember when I had just started playing Poker in 1997 and I found the 2+2 forums. Back durring that time there might be less than one-hundred posts in a couple weeks! Things have really changed around here! I've been so busy going to school that I missed the big explosion. I did just visit Paridise Poker and found that the bigger games have more than 35% of the players seeing the flop which is a sign that this explosion has helped. I'll have to start playing more poker again!

Chris Villalobos

adios
01-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi Chris, long time no hear from you.

Utah
01-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah, isnt it unbelievable. I have been playing online and visisting 2+2 since the late 90's. The change is incredible. Obviously, it has to do with Chris Moneymaker, the WPT, celebrity poker, etc.

I played a tourney the other day with 574 players and I witnessed a guy winning something like 64,000 yesterday online. Simply blows your mind. You can pretty much play any game at any time. There are 10's of NL limit games everytime I log on to Pokerstars. Dont people have lives /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Crazy isnt it?

Welcome back

Chris Villalobos
01-26-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm going to try and teach some other Finance majors how to play poker, so I thought I better get my brain back into thinks; but damn, there are so many posts here that a person could spend hours just wading through it all and not really find anything new. We'll see.

Anyway, it's still good to be back playing again. Everything is fun once more, and I feel I have a different take on situations that stumped me before. I guess I needed the break.

Chris Villalobos

Chris Alger
01-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Welcome back. Saw you on PP the other night and was going to say something but my chat's always turned off. The short-handed games on weeknights are unreal.

Chris Villalobos
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
I thought that was you Chris. Long time no see! Yeah, those lower limit 5-handed games are wild. I have been playing them a little too loose-aggressively. Those guys just don't fold and it makes them tough to beat short handed! I was leaking my money away with pure- and semi-bluffs. I moved up to higher limit 5-handed games where the players were actually thinking (folding) and I started doing better. Go figure? The rake is less too.

Chris V

adios
01-26-2004, 11:55 PM
FWIW finance is an excellent choice of majors IMO Chris as it should bode well in the work place for the forseeable future. Games are much faster now IMO than when you were last posting about hands. Stock market forum is still going. Activity has picked up in posting there which means the market is probably over valued /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Chris Alger
01-27-2004, 11:52 AM
I keep seeing players I've never seen before on the 3-6, so I guess the move up from 1-2, and the play is similar: 4-5 on the flop, 3 on the turn, check-check river. You wait, they pay.