PDA

View Full Version : Trip K's...what's my turn play?

Rico Suave
01-26-2004, 12:17 PM
No read on the CO.

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
Rico has T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is SB

MP2 limps, CO limps, Button limps, Rico limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Rico bets, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO raises, Button calls, Rico 3-bets, CO caps, Button calls, Rico calls

Turn(8 1/2 BB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

What is my play? (folding is not one of the options /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Check and Raise?
Check and Call?
Bet and call a raise?
Bet and 3-bet if raised?

I know this may seem a bit silly, but lately I have been putting too much money in when I am behind, and slowing down too early when I am ahead.

Any input is welcome.

--Rico

Joe Tall
01-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Well you've got a little bit of kicker trouble and could be behind 88. HOWEVER, or flop raiser could easily have a flush draw.

I'd bet and call a raise.

Peace,
Joe Tall

fluff
01-26-2004, 12:59 PM
I think I would bet, call a raise, then check-call river. A flop raiser might have a flush draw and looking for a free card, but someone who caps probably has something. 88, KJ, KQ are all possiblities here I think.

QnA
01-26-2004, 01:01 PM
I think you're most likely beat Rico. On the flop, I can understand a raise w/ a flush draw, but since he capped it, I gotta believe he's got a hand. I'm guessing 88, KT-KQ.

I'd bet the turn. And if he raises, I'd either fold or call to showdown. I'd prolly fold.

Plz post results.

Joe Tall
01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd prolly fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would take a sure read to fold this. Folding is crazy. Folding before the river is certifiably insane.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

QnA
01-26-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would take a sure read to fold this. Folding is crazy. Folding before the river is certifiably insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I really think I'd fold, so they need to put me away /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I started playing poker 8 months ago, and I quit 6 months ago and am now trying to get back into it, so take my advice w/ a grain of salt.

ghettorat
01-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Ok. I have a 3rd opinion. Check and call. Here's why - 1. Taking the game you are playing into consideration (Party 2/4), you may or may not be ahead.
2. At this stage betting when a blank hits the turn will not make anyone fold, but you have to call if someone raises.
3. A 10 is your only chance to improve.

You can not bet enough to push out people who are drawing. With your hand I would want to see the showdown for as little as possible. You could bet the river and call a raise if the board pairs or another card below 7 hits.

cjx
01-26-2004, 01:59 PM
I think it is heavily dependent on your read of the player. What is his style. Capping is usually a fairly definitive message ... either he's too aggressive and you bet the turn, he's a bad player and might have Kx lower kicker (he might be full K8) and you bet the turn, he might be a passive player in which you are scared because passive players only come to life with monster hands check call, or maybe he's a solid player in which case you have a tough choice, he's probably not out of line, I'd expect K with better kicker check and call unless you fill up.

cjx

sfer
01-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Bet/call the turn if raised, check/call the river. Bet the river if only called on the turn.

I give him credit for his kicker/boat if he raises the turn, but I can't lay that hand down.

Rico Suave
01-26-2004, 05:49 PM
I check called the turn, with the intention of check calling the river. I thought it unlikely that the CO would cap the flop on that board with a hand that I could beat, other than a weaker king. It seems most of the input from so far leans toward proceeding with caution, with more leaning toward betting out on the turn then check calling.

The river is K /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well I guess I did slow down too early. I c/r the river, and the CO 3-bet! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I cap and the CO flips over 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

--Rico

devinthedude
01-26-2004, 05:55 PM
I vote for bet and call a raise. Whoever folds this needs to have their head examined.