PDA

View Full Version : TAJ 20-40 Angle Shooting?

RollaJ
01-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Ok, here is the deal..... I am playing 20-40 at the Taj It is a very loose game with an average of <font color="red"> 6 </font> people seeing the flop! One hand I have J-T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I flop top 2. I c/r the flop and get 2 callers. The turn puts the 3rd /images/graemlins/club.gif on the table I bet and get raised and I call. The river is in my mind a blank, and I check the other guy bets $40..... I think a second or so, and figure its worth a call as this guy likes betting. I reach for a $100 bill that is under what few chips I have left on the table, and I am about to say I call when I look up and see K /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif across the table. I am confused and say to the dealer "Do I have to call?"..... of course she has no idea whats happening and I say "OK, I fold".

Everyone agreed that I never said call, nor did I put my money forward (forward motion is the rule at the Taj). The guy was all pissy that I decided not to call, and said it was "the wrong thing to do" and "the courteous thing would be to pay off the bet". I never intended on shooting an angle, he kind of shot it for me by exposing his hand. I am 95% sure I didnt do anything wrong I just want to make sure.

I agreed that I planned on calling, but didnt see why Id call once he showed me I lost.....

SpaceAce
01-26-2004, 10:15 AM
I don't think you did anything wrong. Your opponent made a foolish mistake in my opinion. You can reach for chips all day long but until you make forward motion with them or declare a call, it's not a call.

SpaceAce

DocHollyday
01-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I absolutely agree. If someone exposes his whole cards after betting, before the opponent announces the call by either saying or tossing the chips into the pot, it's definitly the bettor's fault and you certainly don't need to call, even if it was your intention. It's the action, which completes the deal, and not if you thought about it!

Inthacup
01-26-2004, 10:39 AM
I don't know much about B&amp;M rules, but I thought I heard somewhere that if a player exposes his hand before the action is closed, his hand is considered dead. Shouldn't you be awarded the pot?

Cup

btw, no I don't think you did anything wrong.

RollaJ
01-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Dead hand would be in a tourney

gavrilo
01-26-2004, 03:03 PM
If the pot is headsup, you can expose a your hand and its not dead atleast where I play.

Softrock
01-26-2004, 03:36 PM
If your opponent wants to be "pissy" about something he should be pissed at himself. A similar thing that I've seen happen a number of times is it comes down to the River headsup and player A reaches for his chips but before he's actually done anything, Player B throws in his chips to call. Player A, now realizing he's going to be called down then says "check" (often because his bluff has been cancelled).

If you act out of turn, you suffer the consequences. You did nothing wrong whatsoever and you'd be foolish to give this guy any money, IMO.