PDA

View Full Version : anyone played against this guy?

thekid
01-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I was playing the 3-6 NL ring game at Stars and saw a player named Bbuddy. He had an enormous stack ($5500 when $600 is max buy in) at one table, and he was playing 4-5 tables. He had large stacks at the other tables too ( I think something like $1100 was smallest). So I get on one of the tables at which he has a smallish stack and start out ok. Then he and I get involved in a hand. Turns out at the end he has 92 and caught 2 pair to bust my top pair top kicker. So I buy back in and a little later I have 66. he raises to $30 which is his standard entry bet, and he has been playing lots of hands. I call. Flop is AA6. I hope he bets, and he does. He bets $72. I raise to $144. He reraises all in. I call thinking he has an ace. After the river cards he turns over A6 off suit. Now I think, WTF. I had 66, he had A6, the flop was AA6. This seems funny to me. So now that I have complained, let me say that I have seem him play before, and he seems to win lots of hands with absolute junk and raises with it. Seems like whenever he raises, he hits his hand (even with 92 off). Has anyone else seen this guy play? Is it just my bad luck that I see him play junk and win with it all the time? Has anyone ever seen him lose? I have gotten to the point where I don't want to sit at a table he is at because I feel like he is going to beat every hand I have.

Any responses are appreciated. Thanks, all, and sorry to rant on and on about this fellow.

SpaceAce
01-26-2004, 10:36 AM
That guy sounds like Gus Hansen. They both hit whatever they need on a regular basis.

Maybe you just happen to be catching him when he's hitting lucky cards or maybe he's a genius at extracting value from junk.

SpaceAce