PDA

View Full Version : Card Rooms/Hotels near Sonoma Ca ???

ComboProf
01-26-2004, 08:57 AM
I have to visit Sonoma University in Sonoma Ca.
What card rooms will be near by? How are the games?
I am also interested in reasonable Hotel suggestions?

Big Country
01-27-2004, 01:16 AM
I graduated from Sonoma State. The closest card room is Sonoma Joe's in Petaluma, not more than maybe 15 minutes from the campus. I think they only spread Hold Em, but I am unsure of the limits, as I never played there while I was up there. As for hotels, there is a nice doubletree across Rohnert Park, and then there are a few lesser hotels whose name escape me just across the 101 from the doubletree.

While up there, if you like burgers, YOU MUST go to Mike's at the Crossroads in Cotati. Best damn burger you will ever get.

Big Country
01-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Just reread your post. Never heard of Sonoma University on Sonoma? You sure it isn't Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park that you will be visitong?

ComboProf
01-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Whats the traffic like between Rohnert and Petaluma?
I may just stay in the Petalum Motel 6, nd save some money.
Is it a mistake?

SossMan
01-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Ok...I grew up in Petaluma. Here's the deal.

-Motel 6 isn't bad if you like methanphetamine labs. A better bet is the Best Western.

-There's no trafic between Sonoma State and Petaluma.

-I've probably played in 80% of the cardrooms in California, and Sonoma Joe's has the softest games I've encountered. Check, call, check, call, check, call...an occasional maniac. It's very nice.
Four tables, usually they have one or two hold'em games going and on busy nights they have an Omaha8 game. 3-6 and 4-8 mostly...a "big" game (10-20) on Friday nights. Some weekly tourneys.

Hope this helps, prof.

Big Country
01-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Comboprof -

If you stick with Petaluma Hill Road which runs paralell to the SSU campus and avoid the 101 you will encounter a much more pleasant drive. I forget the exact directions to Sonoma Joe's, but a mapquest search should get you that info. As for Petaluma accomodations, I can't really help you there as my family is from Rohnert park so I always had a house. But I would tend to say the Best Western would be nicer than the Motel 6.

SossMan
01-27-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While up there, if you like burgers, YOU MUST go to Mike's at the Crossroads in Cotati. Best damn burger you will ever get.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's going to Sonoma Joe's, there is a Mike's at the yard just down the street. Mmmmm, just thinking of Mike's makes my mouth water....sooooooo good.

Big Country
01-27-2004, 07:39 PM
That's right.. I forgot Mike's at the Yard was so close to Sonoma Joe's.. well, if in Petaluma and feel like a burger, go to mike's at the yard.. if at SSU and get hungry go to Mike's at the Crossroads.