PDA

View Full Version : AA in the SB

Jason Strasser
01-26-2004, 05:27 AM
Ok, 50/5 NLHE tourny on PP.

Im dealt AA in the small blind. Blinds are 300/600 I believe, I have 5700, avg stack is 4800. 52 People left.

Its folded to me. I decide to limp in, and to go over the top if raised. I do not have a good read on my opponent, having just moved to the table.

Flop is K93. Im first to act and I bet the pot, the player in the SB doubles the bet. I go all in over the top, he has K9 and I'm busted after 2 blanks come off the deck.

Does anyone raise in this situation? Fold after his raise? If there was a limper or a raiser, I would've certainly come over the top, this is the first time I've ever really slow played aces in a tourny, but I felt it was the right situation.

How wrong am I?

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-26-2004, 09:31 AM
I'd make my standard raise preflop. One of the good things about getting AA on the button or in the SB is that your raise will often be viewed as a steal. As it was, you just got unlucky.

jw2k
01-26-2004, 08:32 PM
This is why I absolutely hate limping preflop with AA... you give the BB a free look at a flop, and you have no clue what hand he holds. Also, you have no read on your opponent as yet. So you don't know what it means when he comes over the top of your flop bet. If you have to be tricky, push in. Make him think you've got a small pair and make a huge mistake calling with K9o. Then you'll at least be able to post a bad beat story /images/graemlins/crazy.gif