PDA

View Full Version : Top and bottom pair hand

cosmo kramer
01-26-2004, 05:25 AM
3-6 at local B&M. Very loose, with not much raising going on preflop. I limp UTG with A8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Ends up about 4 more limp, SB completes and BB checks.
Flop:
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

BB bets. BB just sat down, so I have no read on how he plays. I call. UTG+1 raises. UTG+1 seems to be new to hold'em, so it's hard to tell if he even knows what he's doing. MP cold-calls. MP seems to be your typical LAG. We lose everyone else, BB calls, I 3-bet and UTG+1 caps. The rest call and we are 4 handed.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Checked to me, I bet. UTG+1 raises, LAG and BB coldcall. I call.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Checked to UTG+1 who bets. Folded to me and I call.

Comments? Results in white:
<font color="white"> UTG+1 shows AK and my hand is good.</font>

crockpot
01-26-2004, 05:32 AM
looks reasonable. even a player who may not know what he's doing doesn't raise three times unless he's got something pretty good.

if you're going to get more aggressive, the better place to do it is on the turn where you are still charging straight and flush draws. on the river i wouldn't expect to be good more than 50% of the time, and he may only reraise if he has me beat, so calling seems best.

cosmo kramer
01-26-2004, 01:25 PM

hutz
01-26-2004, 02:00 PM
I think you played it reasonably well, although I would have raised the BB's flop bet. The hand might have played very differently had you done that.

Given how you played it, had UTG+1 raised before the flop, I would have played the turn more aggressively than you did because I'd give him much less credit for a set than I would from the way he played it by limping.