PDA

View Full Version : No Phold phor Phil

andyfox
01-26-2004, 02:07 AM
OK, it's the Bob Hope, not the Masters, but he won. And he had to get up and down for birdies on 18 twice to do it.

That's 22 wins. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that makes him the 2nd biggest winner since Watson won his last player of the year award some twenty years ago or so.

Utah
01-26-2004, 02:24 AM
I was watching it at a restaurant with my father-in-law. We both stated we didnt know the tournament but you could be rest assured that it wasnt a major since Phil won /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill Murphy
01-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Give Phold his due; starting off w/a bang, and he's also won several of the upcoming tourneys.

He has as good of a chance this year as any, as Tiger is in the depths of the "Nicklaus-late 20's-slump in the majors".

I think Phold will have at least one more win before Augusta. Gotta be feeling like it's all good after the scare w/wife & son last year.

Read an amazing stat about Phold. He was last in driving accuracy & 150th in scrambling, never came close to winning and STILL finished 36th on the money list.

But lets see what happens at the Players & Masters.

I think some combo of Phold, Els, VJ, & Love will win three of the majors(one guy might win more than one; really like VJ at Shinnecock for some reason), the fourth will be won by a guy right below that level; Clarke, Kaye, or Campbell, maybe.

Clarkey gotta be way primed for Troon after blowing it there in '97.

Fvck hoops; PGA Tour is ON! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

HDPM
01-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah, he's got a lot of wins. He has had a very good career except for not winning a major. The thing w/ his wife and kid may be a big enough deal that it jolted his mind and he can win. In recent years he had no shot to win a major given his mental state. Well, not no shot, but slim. He may get one in the next year or two. If he does he will win more. The over/under magic number ofr him is 1. I would like to see him do it. I have had my doubts, but I think he has a chance now.