PDA

View Full Version : A Poker first for me

SoBeDude
01-26-2004, 01:28 AM
10-20 online.

4 limpers to me, so I limp in LMP with KTo. not a normal limp for me but lots of players. more limpers after me. Button raises, BB calls, all call, I call, another call, now the CO limp-reraises. everyone is calling, I call, now the guy just after me in CO-1 limp-call-caps!?

9 to see the flop.

I've never seen a double limp-reraise before.

Anyway I flop a gutshot, and split the pot when running tens hit the board. I split with the genius who capped it to my immediate left, claiming "pot odds" for the cap.

I love this game.

-Scott

Indian Ocean
01-26-2004, 01:33 AM

andyfox
01-26-2004, 01:49 AM
I got caught for a double limp-reraise only once. I was in the big blind with red pocket 3s. A bunch of limpers and then the button raises. Small blind calls, I call, UTG calls, and now UTG+1 3-bets. All call around to me and I call again. Now UTG caps, a "what the hell" cap. All call and I call yet again.

I wish the story had as happy an ending as yours. The flop
came something like Js-Tc-8c and I check-folded.

Paul Talbot
01-26-2004, 01:50 AM
Doesn't seem too unusual. Some people just get CAPitis in huge, multiway pots like this and figure if they've already put in two more bets than they wanted to they might as well cap it and pray to the gods. You see this especially with suited connectors or pairs that could flop monsters or monster draws. After the fact I suppose he needed to justify his cap, but it was a combination of frustration and gambling frenzy.

Regards,

Paul

SoBeDude
01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Wow. I GOTTA learn how to make that fold. Thats the mark of a great player.

In hindsight, do you think you should have 3-bet right away when the button raised?

-Scott

glen
01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm surprised you haven't seen this because you play at party. I have seen this so many times. It's usually a pair or JTs by someone who likes to gamble. . .

ActionBob
01-26-2004, 07:35 PM

Are you serious or is this just some type of sarcasm? That's about as easy a fold as you will get.

-ActionBob

SoBeDude
01-26-2004, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you serious or is this just some type of sarcasm? That's about as easy a fold as you will get.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking.

-S