PDA

View Full Version : TGC Nightly 3K Freerole: Is there a cutoff for hands counting toward

Fraubump
01-26-2004, 01:25 AM
it.

I have several times felt I was close to having enough raked hands by 11pm and then played on trying to qualify but never was allowed to register despite having seemingly enough hands. My theory is it's midnight EST, but can anyone confirm or deny this?

HavanaBanana
01-26-2004, 01:35 AM
It was the last 24 hours (back from the second that you registered) when I used to play those, so if you played from 2 hours before the tournament and registered just before it started, you could also register the next day on the same hands played if you registered when the registration opened.

Fraubump
01-26-2004, 01:50 AM
I don't really follow that explanation, Havana, though thanks. I'm sure I have played 50 raked hands in the 24 hours preceding the 1am start time of the tourney, but many have been since 11pm, which leads me to believe those aren't counting or are counting to tomorrow.

Are you suggesting that the time you attempt to register has some bearing on what counts as the 24 hour time period?

fluff
01-26-2004, 03:32 AM
Also consider that Prima considers a raked hand one where you actually put money in the pot.

Gaming Club
01-26-2004, 12:02 PM
The period in which the raked hands are taken into account is from 24 hours before the tournament starts. So for example, if you were wanting to play in the January 27th 3K Freeroll, your raked hand count would begin from 1:00 EST January 26th and end at 1:00 EST January 27th.

We hope that this explanation helps. You can also check the “Tournament Messages” in the software for details.

Fraubump
01-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the clarification TGC guy. How's the Raked hand tracker coming?

Gaming Club
01-27-2004, 09:48 AM
We haven’t yet received an ETA on when it will be ready, but we’ll be sure to post as soon as we get a clear indication of when it will be available. We know it is taking some time, however, the lag issues are the priority at the moment. It hasn’t been forgotten about and we’ll keep you updated once we have more.