PDA

View Full Version : The Crux of it All

Sarge85
01-26-2004, 12:29 AM
Ok Ok -

Kong has started a revolution on 2+2 regarding doing whatever it takes to win the big pots. Kudos.

Not to sound trite...but what's the measuring stick to what a "big pot" is?

I don't mean to sound like a goob, but where's the bar...

Obviously if there are 5 limpers, and 2 raises, the pot is "big". Do you consider the pot "big" if there was 2 limpers, a raise, and both call?

Or on the flop only 3 limpers, but then the flop was 2-bets a piece?

PF - your on the button with 5 limpers - is the pot now "big?"

dirty_dan
01-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Maybe I'm the goob. I can't seem to find majorkong's big pot post that everybody is referring to. Can someone help me out with a link?

BottlesOf
01-26-2004, 12:36 AM
Lol, we never hammered down a hard and fast rule, as that is not what poker is about /images/graemlins/grin.gif but usually a raised, multiway pot (several opponents) does the trick. Clearly, it's a sliding scale, and the importance of you winning the pot is directly related to the size of the pot.

How'd I do???

Ed Miller
01-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Start thinking "big pot mode" whenever the pot was raised before the flop. That's as good a bright-line as any.

Think, "would I be willing to risk losing the pot to try and win an extra bet?" If the answer is no, the pot is big. If the answer is yes, then it's not.

JTG51
01-26-2004, 12:48 AM
It's a recursive definition. You should risk an extra bet or two to win a big pot. Therefore, a pot is big when you should risk an extra bet or two to win it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sarge85
01-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Now that is thinking outside the box