PDA

View Full Version : Decision on Turn

John Finn
01-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Here is a 15-30 hand I played on party poker. The game is 10 handed and I have QQ. UTG calls. Everyone folds to the player to my right, who is a poor player, and he raises. I re-raise. Only UTG and the original raiser call.

The flop is T98 with 2 spades. I do not have a spade. utg checks, the nex player bets. I raise, both opponents call.

Turn is an off-suit 6. utg checks, the next player bets. How do you proceed?

Rock Solid
01-26-2004, 12:05 AM
I think that you still need to raise again here. Hopefully, you will lose the UTG player, but either way it sounds like he is on the draw. The only hand I can put the other player on is JJ. Unless he flopped a set, you still probably have the best hand, and must force everyone else to pay to draw.

ZeeJustin
01-26-2004, 12:08 AM
You have an overpair on a very dangerous board. I think raising is dangerous, especially if you can't confidently fold to a 3 bet. However, your hand is too good to outright fold. Call it down.

Softrock
01-26-2004, 12:48 AM
I'm actually more worried about the UTG because he is more likely to have a 7 given the play of the hand although I don't think checking here is a good play with a 7 because the board is scary enough no one may bet. Can the bettor have 77? Anyway, given two players with this board I think you have to go to check-call mode unless a J spikes on the River. You do have 3 outs to win (maybe 4 if the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif doesn't make someone a flush) if there is a 7 out, and 1 to 3 outs to tie.