PDA

View Full Version : Poor etiquette?

Simon Diamond
01-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Just sweating a friend in the $500 NL tourney on Stars now, and witnessed some table chat on the bubble.

The lowest stack was due to go all in on the next hand, and one of the guys from my mates table (a different table, who was still in the tournament with a very short stack too) appears in the chat urging all the players to call - to try and eliminate him and thus guarantee a money finish for him.

Is this something support should be made aware of do you think?

Simon

JTG51
01-25-2004, 09:49 PM
I don't know what the rule at Stars says, but I definitely think that is unethical and should be reported.

HavanaBanana
01-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Snipped this from Stars rule pages.
Report it for sure, it doesent matter if he was playing on that table or not.

[ QUOTE ]
Soft playing or chip dumping is grounds for disqualification from the tournament. Any unethical play may result in the termination of the offender’s account.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Players, whether in the hand or not, may not discuss the hands until the action is complete. Players are obligated to protect the other players in the tournament at all times. Discussing cards discarded or hand possibilities is not allowed. A penalty may be given for discussion of hands during the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing all
01-25-2004, 11:07 PM
poor etiquette, yes. is it cheating? not to me. Does an act like this make someone look like a begging little beeotch, fer sure. I'd rather lose AND stick a hot fork in my eye than act like such a punk.

MicroBob
01-25-2004, 11:23 PM
absolutely this is improper.
i would report this guy if it were a $10 tourney or even a $1 tourn....much less a $500 event.

think in terms of what the live B&M equivilent would be.
some guy comes running up to a tasble and tells everyone to call to increase the chances of eliminating the short-stack guy. not a single tourney director would tolerate this.