PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Boyd Getting the boot?

rbenuck4
01-25-2004, 08:41 PM
I heard a rumor that Dutch Boyd got kicked off of one of the internet poker sites for collusion. Is there any merit to this rumor?

Losing all
01-25-2004, 11:14 PM
I don't know anything about it, but I think his past actions prove he's far above cheating anyone.

Schmed
01-26-2004, 10:13 AM
On poker stars his name is Kid Dutch and he lives with that guy Gank.

M.B.E.
01-26-2004, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard a rumor that Dutch Boyd got kicked off of one of the internet poker sites for collusion. Is there any merit to this rumor?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone who had played on the PokerStars Cruise said that the management told Dutch he wasn't welcome because he had used PokerStars chat to talk up his own competing site. There was no issue of collusion.

William
01-26-2004, 09:44 PM
At Stars, both Kid Dutch and Gank have been absent for a couple of weeks. Normally they would play like 10 hours a day. Maybe they are on holidays.

M.B.E.
01-26-2004, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At Stars, both Kid Dutch and Gank have been absent for a couple of weeks. Normally they would play like 10 hours a day. Maybe they are on holidays.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe Gank is at Tunica for the WPO.

By the way, although this is the "gossip" forum I think it's pretty irresponsible to make posts saying "I heard a rumour that so-and-so was barred for collusion".

William
01-26-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, although this is the "gossip" forum I think it's pretty irresponsible to make posts saying "I heard a rumour that so-and-so was barred for collusion".

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

thewarden
01-26-2004, 10:22 PM
God forbid we besmirch the reputation of someone as highly respected as Dutch. I think something along the lines of canine necrophilia may actually improve his reputation....

Boopotts
01-27-2004, 12:27 AM
I'd have given him the boot just out of principle. I know that one's demeanor on TV can be deceiving, but if his behavior during the WSOP is any indication of how he typically conducts himself, that guy is a true #1 jack-off.

lowroller
01-27-2004, 12:53 AM
He's head & shoulders above Hellmuth!

Stew
01-27-2004, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's head & shoulders above Hellmuth!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot, Hellmuth never stole anyone's money.

lowroller
01-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Run along sonny, I think I hear your mother calling you....I meant the way he acts at the table.

thewarden
01-27-2004, 04:22 AM
Wait, is that sarcasm? Because it doesn't translate with just the written word. Are you serious--you think he's ABOVE cheating someone? As in, that's below him? Why don't you go to rakefree.com or whatever sham he's setting up now and offer up some capital and invest--see how far above it he is.

Schmed
01-27-2004, 10:39 AM
but what is the story about Dutch stealing money at the WSOP

M.B.E.
01-27-2004, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but what is the story about Dutch stealing money at the WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no such story. The reason many people hate Dutch Boyd is that he established one of the first online poker rooms, pokerspot.com. The business failed and many players did not receive funds they had won on the site, or in some cases their own deposits.

There is a summary of the pokerspot affair here (http://www.liveactionpoker.com/articles/boyd/boyd.html) and an interview with Dutch Boyd here (http://www.liveactionpoker.com/articles/boyd/boyd-int/boyd-int.html), where he gives his side of the story.

Also the matter has been discussed many times on rgp and 2+2 (such as this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=319817)). You can do a search at 2+2 on either "pokerspot" or "Dutch Boyd".

Stew
01-27-2004, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Run along sonny, I think I hear your mother calling you....I meant the way he acts at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Run along sonny? how fng old do you think I am? I'm pretty sure that I am older than you.

Second of all, I would much prefer someone be an ass at the table than steal my money, wouldn't you?

Dutch Boyd is a con-artist a sham and a thief. If you want to compare that to Phil Hellmuth (Who has 9 fng World Series bracelets, btw) then you have issues, sonny.

detox
01-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Dutch is starting up a brand new poker site that is going to take the online poker world by storm!

lowroller
01-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Hey Stew, I just read ANOTHER thread where you called someone an idiot.

I think I know who's got the issues...

Stew, I can tell taking these posts so literally/seriously is your thing, so I'll spell it out for you..."Sonny" refers to your childish attitude, not your age (which, of course, I have no idea/care what it is).

Stew
01-27-2004, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Stew, I just read ANOTHER thread where you called someone an idiot.

I think I know who's got the issues...

Stew, I can tell taking these posts so literally/seriously is your thing, so I'll spell it out for you..."Sonny" refers to your childish attitude, not your age (which, of course, I have no idea/care what it is).

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I don't care what you think, but you are an idiot for your comparison, that's not my issue, it's yours for being ignorant.

As for calling people idiots, yes I do it often and appropriately. As you noted I did refer to someone else as an idiot in an entirely different thread, but do you question this fact? Look at his post right above yours.

CrackerZack
01-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Yeah, we're all quaking in our booties about rake free. I'll be quick to deposit there considering his wonderous track record.

lowroller
01-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Stew,

The ignorance is YOURS. I know Dutch's track record. I know what happened. But my post had nothing to do with that. It had everything to do with me saying he is less of an a$$hole than Hellmuth at the table.

You clearly couldn't see that then, or now. If I were you, I guess I would probably call you an idiot for not being able to understand something even after it was explained to you.

"As for calling people idiots, yes I do it often and appropriately."

Maybe you should substitute MORON every once in awhile. Perhaps that would inflate your self-esteem even more than you already do by simply using IDIOT??

Losing all
01-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Time to fine tune the old sarcasm detector. Dude's a first class scumbag!

Schmed
01-28-2004, 02:30 PM

Stew
01-28-2004, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stew,

The ignorance is YOURS. I know Dutch's track record. I know what happened. But my post had nothing to do with that. It had everything to do with me saying he is less of an a$$hole than Hellmuth at the table.

You clearly couldn't see that then, or now. If I were you, I guess I would probably call you an idiot for not being able to understand something even after it was explained to you.

"As for calling people idiots, yes I do it often and appropriately."

Maybe you should substitute MORON every once in awhile. Perhaps that would inflate your self-esteem even more than you already do by simply using IDIOT??

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you still don't get it do you? I completely understand your post and the sarcasm within it. However, I feel it was assanine to make such a post when referring to the person that is the topic of this thread. It isn't that I didn't understand your sarcasm, I just don't see it having any pertinent place in this context.

Oh well, I apologize for calling you an idiot, if that makes you feel better.