PDA

View Full Version : flopped a set and don't feel good about it.

bunky9590
01-25-2004, 07:31 PM
TGC 50NL
I have a stack of 62.00 in MP and am holding 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and limp in after 2 limpers, we wind up seeing the flop 6 handed with no raise. ($3.00 in pot)

Flop comes 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Blinds check, EP checks, I overbet the pot to $5.00. MP2 calls ($111.00) LP calls ($38.00), SB folds, BB calls ($29.00) Great I just built a big pot, but I still have to be ahead right? (Now there is $23.00 in the pot)

Turn card: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
(Now I feel warm and fuzzy)
BB checks, (Now I want callers) Hero bets $15.00, MP2 folds, LP calls, BB calls. ($68.00 now in pot), they have to be pot commited now right?

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets his last $9.00 all in, I go for the overcall and smooth call the bet, LP raises his last $9.00, and I turbo call. Is my hand good and what did the opponents have?

Did I play this hand well? Comments and critiques please.

kingstalker
01-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Here is guess BB has a flush and LP has 7-7 or vice versa.

muzungu
01-25-2004, 10:43 PM
bunky-

Looks good to me. Given the fact that you posted it, I'm thinking that you lost, but you shouldn't be scared with middle set/boat here. With such a big pot, you could probably set the LP all-in for his last $9 instead of smoothcalling, but your thought process and play seems fine. Were there any plays that you were concerned about?

Hmm... on second thought, maybe you should play the turn slower (check, or bet small)- you want the draws to stay in and make their flushes or str8s. On the other hand, if they miss, they won't pay you anything on the river, so if you think they're going to call (which they did) then your turn bet is good. Yeah- that's the ticket... everything looks good, then.

-muz

bunky9590
01-26-2004, 04:16 AM
BB made his flush and was drawing dead, and the LP guy had K7 for the rivered Kings up. What the heck was he thinking?

Of course MHIG and I took it down, but thanks for the comments, I thought my play was spot on here.

Ulysses
01-26-2004, 05:11 AM

happyjaypee
01-26-2004, 05:25 AM
My 1st thinking when I read this was that you played it well but lost the pot. (that why you posted it)

I'm glad you won it, and I still belive you played it good. You got there money in whit the best hand.

Well played, nice pot, next hand.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif