PDA

View Full Version : Very funny bad beat for Dynasty.

10-18-2001, 06:52 PM
I just read Dynasty's "Monster bad beat" story and laughed. I had a funny one last nite. 6-12 HE, Bay area, this game is off the hook! 2 maniacs in #6. #6 opens UTG and 7 raises. A few cold callers, I'm in SB and call with pocket 6's. maniac in #6 3-bets, 7 caps. Now these lunatics could be playing 46o and will like this. I call.

Flop: 252 rainbow

I know one of the maniacs will bet so I go for check raise unless someone else raises first then I'll muck. #7 bets. two callers to me, I check raise, 6 calls 7 3-bets, one folder, I cap.

Turn: 2

Now I really like my hand. I'm sure niether one has a pair.

I bet, #6 calls, 7raises, one fold, I 3-bet it, and #6 thinks a bit. He has 17 chips left. He goes all in, and #7 mucks as pretty much expected.

River is a J.

#6 has a 10-Jo!!!!!!!

I was in hysterics! The whole freaking table was laughing.

How the hell this guy could take that much heat and in fact raise the turn all-in is beyond me. I laughed my ass off, congratulated him cordially, and smiled. I knew I'd have his money.

Fortunately I did. He left tho and went to 9-18, which I immediately put my-self up for but when they called me for it 3 hours later it was him leaving. The entire lineup of 6 people on that list all passed! Don't know why!

10-19-2001, 01:16 PM
Seems like he had sufficient odds to call with his overcards at every instance. Assuming of course they are good if they hit, which they were. Not really misplayed (except pre-flop). I would hardly call someone hitting 6 outs a bad beat.

KJS

10-20-2001, 01:50 AM
Try re-thinking that kjs. This guy has to cold call multi raises from the "rock" at the table. Those multi raise of course cut down those odds you speak of.

I do think however you may in fact only be looking results oriented. Too often a player like this will be drawing dead.

I love players in my game calling raises drawing to an overcard. I make alot of my money from those players. I however don't lose too much too often drawing to an overcard. I'm willing to wait till the next hand. Overall I think in the long run I save a few bets drawing and make it up when I have the best of it.