PDA

View Full Version : I capped the flop/turn/river multiway with nothing close to the nuts

Al_Capone_Junior
01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
VERY wild 3-6 online game. Player to my right is maniac extraordinaire preflop (M1), raising 80%, reraising/capping 15%, folding 1%, and calling the rest. Player three to my right (M2) is similar, but likes to throw in some "plays" just for good measure.

I am dealt Ts8s in the BB. There's an early limp, then a raise, then a cold call, then M2 calls, then M1 calls from the SB, I call, limper calls.

Flop gives me the nut str8 on a rainbow board, 6 7s 9. M1 bets and I pop it. the limper folds, but the next two cold and and M2 raises again. M1 cold calls the two and I cap, all call.

The turn SUCKS MAJOR ASS. It's a seven, pairing the board. M1 bets it and I pop it again. One drops but one cold calls, and M2 cold calls as well. M1 reraises to 18 and I cap it, all call. HUGE pot.

River is offsuit jack. M1 bets again and I call. There's a fold but M2 pops it. M1 reraises to 18. I cap it at 24 and they both call.

My hand is good and neither show.

Oooooooooo-Rah!

al

Al_Capone_Junior
01-25-2004, 07:34 PM
well i did have the nuts on the flop, but that was where that ended.

But hell, it was a $225 or so pot!

al

DrPhysic
01-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Did I read that right as a $246 hand?

And this is supposed to be small stakes?

Way to go Al.

Doc

MarkD
01-25-2004, 09:27 PM
And you don't think you were over agressive at any point?

Good hand nonetheless. Glad you won. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
01-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Against players with brains, even very tiny ones, I was WAY WAY WAY overaggressive. Against these two, nah.

al

bernie
01-25-2004, 11:04 PM
i wouldnt have been worried until one of the coldcallers joins the fray. Then im hitting the brakes bigtime.

b