PDA

View Full Version : READ THIS if you don't know what flat mode is (or don't use it)

ZeeJustin
01-25-2004, 05:53 PM
I am amazed at how many people are reading this in threaded mode.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, do the following and you will love me forever.

Click on My Home near the top of the screen.
Click on Edit to the right of Display Preferances.
Under Default display mode, select FLAT MODE.
Click submit at the bottom of the screen, and resume reading 2+2.

Bubmack
01-25-2004, 05:57 PM
In flat mode...some messages are presented out of sequence. Someteimes you will even see the response to a question before the question is posed. I know I am in the minority but I like threaded. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

MicroBob
01-25-2004, 06:09 PM
all of my messages are in sequence.
is there a different setting like chronological or something that you ened to enact.

ZeeJustin
01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
When I am viewing a list of posts, they are not in chronological order. They are in order based on who replied to who. After I click on the title post (if multiple pages, i click on the all button rather than a page number), they appear in chronological order. If you aren't talking about the screen that just lists posts, you have selected a bad setting or something.

Bubmack
01-25-2004, 06:15 PM
I think the confusion for me would come in when there was a post...5 replies to the post....and then a various # of replies to some of the replies. Maybe the organization of those situations just always confused me to the point that I felt like a little old man who thinks his dog is his wife of 50 years. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

goodguy_1
01-25-2004, 06:35 PM
FLAT MODE rules

scotnt73
01-26-2004, 10:27 AM
thanks. i like it. but forever is a long time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jek187
01-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm with Bubs on this. I like being able to clearly see who is replying to who. If flat mode code have a slight indentation, that would be the nuts. For now, I'll suffer through a few extra clicks.

ZeeJustin
01-26-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re: READ THIS if you don't know what flat mode is (or don't use it) [Re: Bubmack]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the Re: Bubmack part not enough?

dogsballs
01-26-2004, 01:24 PM
I love flat mode. Quick. Yeah, it's not always obvious immediately who/what a response is to, but that's rare. Often, I try to put a relevant quote when I post in an off-tangent sub-thread off a large thread, just for this purpose.

You can check the Reply To field at the top of posts as well.

Gamblor
01-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't know how long that phrase has been used, and Jek was the first person I've heard use it, but I find myself calling things the nuts often enough that I owe him some gratitude.

Right now, in the office, a beer would be the nuts

What's something bad? Busted, of course.

Maybe cracked? A great night at the bar got cracked when we found out it was for "men only".

Or rags. Dude, that girl I went out with last night was rags

tripdad
01-26-2004, 04:05 PM
zee, you rock!

Thythe
01-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I always use flat mode and the posts I see are always in chronological order.