PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand, questions on play at 3/6

winky51
01-25-2004, 04:33 PM
A little loose lots of bluffing going on and raising with bluffs. I felt the raiser was full of it. Correct play?

Played 12 hours. 8 hours were me seeing horrific hands where the larget hand I got was a straight once. The rest were pairs. Then in hour 9 and beyond the cards rolled in like wagon trains and I came out from my -$250 to +$100 for the day. Never seen such things.

Party Poker 3/6 (9 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is SB

MP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, Button limps, Hero raises, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls

Flop(11 SB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button raises, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls

Turn(9 1/2 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls, Button calls

River(18 1/2 BB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks

I ended up winning with KKQQ, no one had anything, not even a pair. The raiser had A2os under.

spamuell
01-25-2004, 05:30 PM
I think if you thought he was bluffing you should just call the turn, and he'll (hopefully) fire again on the river (and if he doesn't you can bet and hope not to get checkraised) netting you 2BBs rather than the 1 you got here from snapping off his bluff. They way you played it, if he does have the K then you will lose 2BBs if you call down, and between 2BBs (unlikely) and 4BBs if you decide to raise.

If you are sure he is bluffing, call the turn and raise the river, but this is only if you absolutely *know* he has nothing (like you have a tell on him that he mouths his cards to himself when he looks at them or something like that /images/graemlins/laugh.gif).

Mike Gallo
01-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I would have called on turn and called on the river.

Why didnt you bet the river after you three bet the turn?

kiddo
01-25-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A little loose lots of bluffing going on and raising with bluffs. I felt the raiser was full of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, but in this case you had 2 more calling 2 bets to see the turn. You didnt think 1 of them had a weak K? I think pushing second pair this hard on turn against 3 players is a misstake.

[ QUOTE ]
no one had anything, not even a pair

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A little loose

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is wrong here. How can it be only a little bit loose and 3 players paying 2 bets preflop, 2 on flop and 2 players paying 3 on turn with nothing, "not even a pair"? But even if they are megaloose I think pushing your secondpair this hard is a misstake. Headsup against the bluffer, yes, but not 4-way.

winky51
01-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Your point is totally noted and under normal circumstances I will agree with you. I would have folded too.

Watching that table I noticed people waited for an ace even when they had A5. They stayed in with Q8 suited and the raiser I caught bluffing before. I forgired 1 guy on a flush draw, one had an A8, and the 3rd bluffed sibce he did it before and his pattern previous has him folding a lot of hands he was constantly raising on the flop.

If a club hit a, an 8, or an ace I probably would have folded.

Thats my reasons. I notice many players hold on to an ace till the last cards. also many hold on to suited cards that might make a long shot straight.

Was this thinking that wrong? I saw myself against one real opponent if nothing came down to help the other situations and because there were 4 people filling the pot I thought the odds were right. I played conservatively in case I was wrong. Also I figured most people don't consider high pairs under.

Apocalypse
01-25-2004, 07:23 PM
"I played conservatively in case I was wrong"

if 3-betting the turn with secondpair is playing conservatively, i can't wait to see you 'on fire' /images/graemlins/smile.gif ....

winky51
01-25-2004, 07:44 PM
You got a point there /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TazQ
01-25-2004, 08:02 PM
I was just curious, how long have you been playing hold'em?

I saw that about two weeks ago you were still using an odds chart, seeing over 50% of the flops, and playing .50/1. You haven't jumped to 3/6 that quickly have you?

richie
01-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Heh, I was just going to post something similar to this. In fact, I'm sure I responded to one of his posts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

winky51
01-25-2004, 09:40 PM
My average flop is 25% and I have made $1100 in less than 2 weeks in 80 hours of play.

Being unemployed does that to you. I play at a table till I am winning all the time. Then when I feel I am ready I play 3 more sessions. If I succeed and have the bankroll I move up. So far so good.

I keep a lot of info have reduced my mistakes and I find poker not too hard to learn. I also have a beter understanding of bad players.

Didn't say I was a genius because when I move up it takes me a session or two to get a full grasp of the player types.

I started with $50

Christoferj
01-25-2004, 10:03 PM
i would say good call to nail them... i think it was very important that you got them busted for the bluffing and raising so you could calm down the game a level or two =)