PDA

View Full Version : translation help needed

MicroBob
01-25-2004, 04:22 PM
"We have refunded your Account with $34.33 and a Free Roll if you were using one."

the first part i understand. we had 3 players left in a 10+1 SNG when we got disconnected. but the bit about 'freeroll if you were using one' has me confused. before i go to party/empire support, can someone tell me what this means??

M.B.E.
01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"We have refunded your Account with $34.33 and a Free Roll if you were using one."

the first part i understand. we had 3 players left in a 10+1 SNG when we got disconnected. but the bit about 'freeroll if you were using one' has me confused. before i go to party/empire support, can someone tell me what this means??

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't play at Party, but I infer from this that they offer some means of winning a freeroll into the SNG. The email would then mean that if you were playing on a freeroll, it would be restored to you.

Maybe my interpretation is wrong. Regardless, the communication is poorly worded.

Cyndie
01-26-2004, 01:59 PM
That would be my take that the money was your share of the prize pool and your entry fee, but if you didn't pay an entry fee...that would be restored.

Don't know the exact numbers, but it is highly possible they are doubling up...the freeroll should have been part of the prize pool, and the entry fee is separate.

They take the total prize pool and give half of it based on chip count and half of it based on just Being There...the players who were eliminated already lose their portion, so the $34 should have some of the prize pool money and your entry fee refunded. If they gave you your share of the prize pool AND gave you your freeroll back...you double dipped...Congratulations!

MS Sunshine
01-26-2004, 03:40 PM
"They take the total prize pool and give half of it based on chip count and half of it based on just Being There."

This is true in the multi table tournaments at Party, but he was in a SnG which is an even chop among those left.

MS Sunshine