PDA

View Full Version : Pocket K's UTG

Sedona Homie
01-25-2004, 02:28 PM
First post hang with me.
Live brick&mortar tourney. First hand after the break I am utg with KK. In BB old guy who likes to mix it up and see lots of flops. He is not afraid to fish. I raise 3 times the pot. (blinds are currently 200/400) He calls just the 2 of us see the flop
Flop comes Q J 6 rainbow
He bets the pot I reraise all in only 600 more.
we turn over hands he has J /10 o. I am ahead
turn comes blank river comes J. I am out.
How could I have played it better/differently I am pretty new to this game. I know it was unfortunate for me but how can I learn from this experience.
thx in advance.
Kenny

Guy McSucker
01-25-2004, 03:08 PM
You should probably play this hand exactly the same every time you are dealt it, but don't make the mistake of letting a second jack fall.

You played it fine. All the money went in with you as a strong favourite. Don't worry about it.

Guy.

mauisupaman
01-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Your opponent got lucky. For what it's worth good players are always being drawn out on - they rarely do the drawing.

Sedona Homie
01-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the encouraging word.

The Dude
01-25-2004, 07:17 PM
The way you played the hand is fine, and will leave you plenty ahead in the long run. The only time I play this hand differently is when the table texture is very predictable.

Occaisionally you will sit at a table that is VERY aggressive, in which case you can make a min-raise fully expetcting a re-raise, then you go all-in. This play can be very profitable IF 1)the table is consistantly aggressive preflop, and 2)other players have been making the mistake of playing like this with hands like 88. Only if those two circumstances are true should you try this.

Also, sometimes you will sit at a table where there are a few people who will call A LOT of large bets preflop, hoping to catch a good draw or a set. If this is the case, then you can raise more.

In normal circumstances (90% of the time), you played this hand very well.

Sedona Homie
01-25-2004, 07:33 PM
good feedback
thanks
K.