PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky 7's?

dirty_dan
01-25-2004, 11:23 AM
2-4 at Paradise

1)
UTG+1 limps, CO limps, button limps, I complete in SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, BB checks

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, UTG+1 calls

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, UTG+1 raises, I fold

2) 6-handed
I raise UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, only BB calls

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets, I raise, BB calls

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, BB raises, I fold

Am I overplaying these middle pairs on overpair flops or are a couple of shots at the pot warranted? Are the turn folds ok?

Al_Capone_Junior
01-25-2004, 12:59 PM
In both cases the turn fold is fine, you were beat in all likelyhood.

I would generally not raise 77 UTG in all but the tightest games. Limp or fold, loose game limp, tight game fold.

Also, if you get ANY action on the flop in these situations, you should think quite seriously about playing cautiously from then on out, as you're likely beat. I think you generally lose more by pushing possibly tiny underpair edges than you gain.

al

chim17
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
I've found overplaying these as a leak in my game for sure. I've changed to only play them in position, and generally fold if bet into with a handful of callers. That generally means I only have two outs; and a raise or bet has no chance of winning the pot.

I'm not sure if my thought process is right here or not; but my stats have gotten better for these hands.