PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous or sensible fold?

dirty_dan
01-25-2004, 11:13 AM
typical Paradise 2-4

Folded to me, I raise in MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, LP calls, CO poster calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I bet, LP calls, CO raises, BB folds, I 3bet, LP calls, CO caps, all call

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to CO who bets, I fold

Should I have called him down assuming nothing scarier fell on the river? Or can I safely assume the flop cap meant I was at best drawing to a jack or a non-club 6 for a third of the pot?

chesspain
01-25-2004, 12:49 PM
I was about to agree with your turn fold, and then I realized that it was a PF poster who was going crazy on the flop, meaning that if he caught two-pair, then you have a bunch more outs on the river. Although you may be drawing nearly dead already to a made straight, I don't know how many players would have capped it on the flop in a 3-way pot with only an OESD.

Although I don't think that folding is horrible, I might like to call a bet here and see what the river brings.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-25-2004, 12:54 PM
A sensible fold. Most likely you have two outs, tops. After the flop cap, you're beat most of the time, barring the "super-moron" factor, which does occasionally happen. But this is a game of playing the odds, and odds are you're beat with almost no outs.

al