PDA

View Full Version : Player details at planetpoker

10-16-2001, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I have kept records for players at planet poker, the *lower limit* tables. Here is what a typical player profile might look like:

Aces_Fool

A3o

KTs Flop was K29s and was not afraid of flush! Kept raising and won.

KQo

A8o raised flop of 859

T9o his straight lost to a flush on a big hand.

Stays in in the face of a flush

QQ all in and lost it...

I have a bunch of these... is anyone interested? I would like some of yours in return. These are for the games up to $1/$2. I am looking for a few higher limit (up to $5/$10) if you want to share.

Give me a buzz. advantageplayer@hotmail.com

Thanks,

The Mayor

10-17-2001, 02:26 PM
Perhaps, I am out to lunch but I really doubt that this type of detailed notes adds much to your results. I played at Planet 20-40 for about a year (and will go back if the ring games ever start up again on a regular basis). On a given night, I probably went to Hand Histories no more than 3 or 4 times. I also took no notes of players other than making my usual observations and storing the info betweeen my ears.

Maybe my laziness is costing me money but it seems to me that this type of detailed work-up on players is probably overkill.

Perhaps those of you who emply devices such as Pokerstat etc. can tell us how all of this info is beneficial to your game. well, check that...I guess any time you have more information, it must help your game. So, my real question is whether the effort required (which I imagine is substantial) is worth it.