PDA

View Full Version : Churning tough hands out tougher than I can type them in...

muzungu
01-25-2004, 06:59 AM
About 2 minutes after the last hand I submitted, and about a minute after flopping quads and doubling up, the following occurred.

99 in the BB. I've got $150, the guy I just doubled up on has maybe $75, and player 3 has maybe $50 or $55.

4 limpers or so. I check.

Flop: the interesting JT9, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Q1: As always, what's my line here? Bet out or c/r? Figured checking around would be horrible, so I bet pot for $10. EP calls, LP makes it $30.

Q2: Now what???

My initial reads: EP = draw , LP = ???

Choices for LP: umm... JJ, TT, KQ, (these all beat me), JT, QQ, AJ, combo flush/str8 draw (these dont- or at least not yet)

Do i fold my bottom set here? Seems like if I call, I'm pot-committed w respect to the smaller stacks, if not both, and I'd like to get the bigger stack to pay for his draws. So it seems like fold and all-in are my choices here. Also, now that I think about it, LPs 30 seems kinda odd- why not either call or all-in? On the other hand, it seems odd for all possible hands, so I guess that doesn't change much.

In any event, I moved all in for basically $45 more ($75 total) Good choice or bad?

Let's try this results in white thing again:

<font color="white"> Ah ha! Figured out how to do it!

Both call. Worried about the wrong guy. EP has KQ for a slowplayed str8 and LP has JT for top 2. Now that I think about it, I only have one out here- didn't consider the ugliness of top 2 and a str8 together until just now. Eh- so it goes. </font>

Thanks!

-muz

muzungu
01-25-2004, 07:07 AM

Garland
01-25-2004, 07:23 AM
It's tough, but I'd do the same thing as you. Given that his all-in isn't that much and you had 10 outs despite the fact that he *might* have the straight. Your hand might even be good.

I think you're afraid of ghosts that don't exist. You didn't say these players are capable of slowplaying big pairs, but most normal players will raise with JJ or 1010. KQ seems most likely to be out there, but people are capable of going all-in on top pair best kicker, two pair or draws, so you have to take that into account when your brain is churning the value of your hand. It's a tough situation to be in, but if you always folded this type of hand when there is potential danger, you'll have a hard time making it in No Limit. The best players can play the players in these spots.

Good luck in the future.

Garland