PDA

View Full Version : Uggh- where to put this one down

muzungu
01-25-2004, 03:45 AM
hey all-

Party 50 NL. I have 65 or so, relevant opponent is on big stack of $150. The one or 2 showdowns he has been in make him seem pretty loose preflop and postflop.

AKo in LP. Folded to me, I make it 4, CO calls.

Flop: KQT /images/graemlins/heart.gif, of which I have none.

Q: What's my line of play here? My TPTK is losing to lots and lots of possible hands here. On the other hand, the flop could have completely missed him.

I bet 8, he calls.

Turn: offsuit 7. I check, he bets 6.

Fold now? I'm pretty sure he's going to bet the river, but the allure of laying 6 against 30 or so with my TPTK enticed me to call. Erm... maybe I'll hit a J... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

River. Another 7. Woohoo! That puts me ahead of... umm... QT! He bets 15.

I think, think, and call (nooo!), at which point he shows me A8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Doh.

Bad outcome, but his betting sequence (call flop, small bet on turn, somewhat bigger bet on river) suggests a big hand... so fold here? Or to put the question differently, what's the most you'd call here? Or should I be done with the hand earlier?

-muz

Garland
01-25-2004, 07:40 AM
Tough hand to get away from, and because he has position with the nuts, you're pretty much in bad shape. This is where knowing your opponent's tendancies will help tremendously.

Personally, I might have been done with it when he bet on the turn. I certainly wouldn't call... I think a checkraise would be best and if he calls or pushes back (he'd do it with a set, two pair or non-nut flush), I'd be done and over with it.

Why couldn't an A with two rags rainbow flop, huh? =).

Garland

Garland
01-25-2004, 07:44 AM
I forgot the mention that this guy did a great job to get about as much from this hand as he did. I'm betting if he bet much more than 15 at the end, you'd probably call, so he did very well on this hand.

Garland