PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet preflop with A7s

MHoydilla
01-25-2004, 03:39 AM
Playing 3-6 on stars, 5 handed (on a 10 table) playing very fast and loose. I have seen raising with QJo and up. This hand takes place with me UTG +1 and 5 posters of $3 each bringing the game to a full table. UTG raises and I three bet with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I figured if there was any chance to get the hand heads up I should go for it especially with the loose raiser. Is this good thinking here, should I call or fold in this spot. Personally I hate calling here, but is putting 3 bets in preflop on a full table UTG +1 just goes againest everything Ive ever read/heard.

SpaceAce
01-25-2004, 03:43 AM
With five posters at the table, getting heads-up would be a miracle. All that money makes chasing the flush tempting but I don't think you're going to narrow the field sufficiently to make it worth three-betting with A7s, especially given your crappy position and a raise from under the gun.

SpaceAce

Ed Miller
01-25-2004, 03:50 AM
I think you are playing the hand for sure. 3-betting seems better to me than calling. So looks good to me.