UB 3/6Kill loose

UTG calls, EP calls, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls, I raise from BB with Ah, Kh

Flop: 7c, 4d, 2h

SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, EP calls, Button calls, everyone else folds

Turn: 8h (7c, 4d, 2h)

I check, checked to button who bets, I call, UTG calls

River: Jh (8h, 7c, 4d, 2h)

I bet, button calls

Comments?... My main concern is the river bet.

balkii
01-24-2004, 11:43 PM
On the river your main consideration is your read on button. Since the flush was backdoor, most people will not fear it, and will bet, then you can check-raise. It would be a shame to have this river checked through, however.

So if button will bet more hands than he will call with, its a check-raise. Most players, however, will call with more hands than they will bet with, so I think a bet is good, especially given your position. If you CR the river UTG is not likely to call, so you win two bets. If you bet the river, you might get a call in two places, and you might even get raised. T9 will not fear a flush and will definitely raise you. Two pair or a set might also raise you.

I like betting. I think one of the better players on the forum once gave the advice "Dont let the river get checked through when you hold anything near the nuts," or something like that.

Stu Pidasso
01-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Bet the turn too.

Stu

fluff
01-25-2004, 02:03 AM
Bet the turn with nut flush draw and two overcards that are likely good.

For check-raising the river to be correct, you have to be more than 50% certain the button will bet and call your raise. Otherwise your expected value is the same as just betting out. I don't think there's a huge mistake in either betting or check-raising.