PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker server problem?

ssomega
01-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Has anyone else had problems on Party Poker since last night? I keep locking up and it takes forever to press check or do anything.

Thanks in advance for any input.

krazyace5
01-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Every time I log on to PP it freezes up a few seconds later, anyone else having these problems? Thanks

gamboolman
01-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Agree, it's been extremely poor since yesterday.

Lori
01-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I can't actually play the site since the 'upgrade'

It isn't the server, it appears that they have had the brainwave to update the lobby constantly.

The lobby update makes all but the best computers slow down a bit, which is why it used to be every 5-10 seconds, now it is updating constantly and I cant even get to click on "hide full tables".

Lori

Webster
01-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Go to OPTIONS and uncheck CARDS AND CHIPS - helps a TON

Lori
01-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Already have that /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks though.

My PC is hideous, but the latest upgrade has finally pushed it over the edge.
I literally can't select anything after the lobby appears as all my run time is devoted to making sure I can see the up to the second stats on average pots in the lobby.
(Please note, correct use of the word literally.)

Lori

Lori
01-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Slight progress made.

If I select the 7 card stud tab before the lobby first appears I can get real time action.
Is there a way to get the search function to work without changing the tab (I want to search for holdem games at my limit without clicking the holdem tab of doom)

I am sure that if I can get seated and then minimize the lobby I will be fine.

Lori

zooey
01-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Lori's got it right it seems.

Im running a a Pentium 3, 256 M Ram, Win 98. It was a mean machine in '99, trust me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm basically ok in the day with < 25k users. At night, once it hits 30k, its unusuable. My girlfriend's computer handles it ok. Time to go shopping I guess.

There is no reason for this, it was really stupid programming.

File it under the eternal "best games - worst every thing else" bin, "and you knew this when you logged on, so why are you complaining about it here AGAIN" bin.

Because where else we gonna complain?

best,

Zooey

bigjay
01-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Sure it's not your connection? My comp is 128 RAM and it runs okay no matter how many users are on. I'm on a high speed phone line connection.

Lori
01-26-2004, 12:06 AM
That would make sense.

I'm on dialup and get the distinct impression that by the time the updated lobby has done it's thing, it is updating again and therefore shutting me out of the game.

Lori

zooey
01-26-2004, 12:21 AM
I've got road runner (cable) so im pretty sure im fine.

Im sure its a CPU issue, because I run Norton System Doctor, and it shows memory fine, user resources fine, but the CPU redlined at 100% for however long as it takes to update the lobby, which can be indefinitely.

Following Loris advice of choosing lobbies which are less busy, I am able to play SnGs, which is ok, I guess. I need a new machine anyway.

Best,

Zooey

Webster
01-26-2004, 12:36 AM
Pentium II 356 RAM Cable modum and unless I have the options off I'm unplayable.

Lori
01-26-2004, 12:40 AM
The sad thing is that "Auto refresh, on/off" would solve all these issues.

Lori

Sheriff Fatman
01-26-2004, 06:08 AM
I played there for most of yesterday and didn't notice a difference. However, I'm on a broadband connection and the computer is still a reasonable spec (1GHz AMD Athlon). I did see the odd user regularly taking an age to play so it looks as though a few people were having problems.

However, perhaps the fact that so many 2+2ers are having problems explains my upturn in fortunes. Fishiest 2/4 tables I've seen in ages. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only other thing I've noticed is a slight lag at the end of the odd hand where everything pauses for a second or two. Other than that its been OK.

If the upgrade was going to require an improved machine spec it would at least have been nice to warn the users!

Perhaps they just didn't realise the impact it would have rather than it being a conscious decision to drive away its lower spec users. It seems a strange thing to do just before a big Superbowl ad campaign which will no doubt bring a flood of new players to the site. Surely some of these have older machines too.