PDA

View Full Version : Do I have pot odds here?

Lawrence Ng
01-24-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm in the big blind with 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

It's a 10-20 game.

Cutoff limps, button limps, sb calls and i check.

4 small bets in the pot.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, I call (backdoor flush, open end straight draw), cutoff calls, button folds

Turn comes 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving me a pair now with a straight draw.

SB bets again. Do I have odds to call for my straight, trips and/or two pair if it's good?

Thanks.

daryn
01-24-2004, 09:09 PM
looks like there's $90 in the pot. you have to call a $20 bet.. in other words you're getting 4.5-1 pot odds.. but do you think the cutoff will call or raise, well if he calls then you'll be risking $20 to win $110, or 5.5-1 odds. how many outs do you have to a winning hand? well if you assume that you're good if you hit your straight or trips, you have 4 aces, 4 6's and 2 3's .. 10 outs. with 46 unseen cards and one card to go it looks like you're 3.6-1 against hitting your winner.

so you call, unless you think the cutoff will raise.. note that even if the cutoff folds you'll have proper odds to call