PDA

View Full Version : another bad-beat story

MicroBob
01-24-2004, 06:04 PM
okay....i think the server-crash is causing delays in the sending of HH's....so i'm going off of memory on this one.

you cant really dump AA here....but you know you are putting a pretty good chance of creeping into the money on the line.

5-players left (party).
i have 1800, leader has 3900 or so.
3 others are hanging around at 900, 800 and 400.
at least that's approximately correct.

i'm content to hang on for the money....steal when i can, let the others knock themselves out...etc.
THEN
i get AsAh UTG.
what about knocking out one of the desperate souls and gaining their cheeps if i can suck someone in??
ok...so i just call the BB (200 i think).
leader is 1 to my left and raises to 550.
folded around to me so....
naturally i go all-in.
naturally he calls.
naturally the board is K-high, a lot of nothing....oh, except the 4 clubs out there.
naturally he has 66 including a club to take the pot and knock me out of the money.

yuck.

DrPhysic
01-24-2004, 10:46 PM
I understand. My bad beat for the week was a 3+AO satellite at stars might have been tues. 600 start about 90 left. blinds 600/1200, I am short stacked with 3600. I catch AJs, natch I'm in, all fold to bb who is table leader. He thinks about it and calls with K6o. I figure "hey, I can do this."

Of course, the flop is 6 6 6 !

Doc

CJC
01-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi,

Ok..generally I don't get involved with bad beat stories..but this one takes the cake.

I'm in a party sng the other day. Blinds are 15-30. we have the blinds and 2 limpers to me in CO. I have QQ and make it 175. Button(cold calling moron ) of course calls. 2 Early limpers fold. Flop comes Q-10-4 rainbow. I check to see if he takes bait. He does and pushes all in. I of course push in myself. He has K6 offsuit. Turn is Ace and river is Jack. I lose /images/graemlins/confused.gif

CJ

p.s. - This forum is going to be great. Actually this is my first post out of the Stud forum in a long time.

Peace

NotMitch
01-25-2004, 04:00 AM
Here is my entry. Stars SnG, 5 or 6 handed I'm about average in chips. With the blinds at 50/100 player in MP goes all in for about 2400, my notes on the player are "The worst player ever? Possible." I call on the button with AKo, blinds fold he flips up A3s, flop is A33. Then as the pot is pushed to him he types "payback is a *****". This was payback for earier when I called his all in with AK vs his Q10 and it held up I guess. I hope to see him again soon.

HajiShirazu
01-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it's one thing when you know that the fish are just out to have a good time playing poker. I don't mind taking bad beats from them. But when they start talking trash, acting like they are good, and telling you that you suck after getting incredibly lucky, it generally leads to me berating the fish. Life is too short to be nice to these types of players.

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2004, 08:34 PM
I have a very bad bad beat story, $5 tourney on PP, 4 players left, I have about 1600, only one person ahead of me in the chips. I get dealt KK under the gun, and raise to 500, blinds were 100/200, everyone folds except the BB, he goes all in for 750ish. I call flop is 653 spades, turn trash, river is 2 spaded, stupid BB went all in with Jx 4s, he hits a stupid straight flush with that garbage. killed my tourney

jedi
01-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Make a note to yourself. Never play against Satan.

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, the flop is 6 6 6 !

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]