PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 AQ hand #3

10-15-2001, 12:41 PM
MP slightly overaggressive preflop but otherwise solid player raises. Folded to me in SB, I call with AcQd. BB (same overaggressive BB as hand AQ hand #2) 3 bets, MP calls, I call.

Flop: Qc 7c 5d. I check, BB bets, MP raises, I 3-bet, BB 4-bets, MP calls and I call.

Turn [Qc 7c 5d] 4c. I check, BB bets, MP and I both call.

River [Qc 7c 5d 4c] 10d. I check, BB bets, MP calls and I overcall.

10-15-2001, 12:56 PM
I'm guessing you lost this hand, but don't be result-oriented. You played it fine. CR on the flop is good, when you get 4-bet you're up against at least an overpair and possibly a set. I would Check and call to the river and consider folding if the action gets heavy, which it didn't.

Regards

Jeff

10-15-2001, 01:39 PM
Be tempted, again, to 3-bet with AQ to get it heads up before the flop. Compared to hand #2 you are less likely to have the best hand but the raise is more likely to work. Otherwise, again, I have no complaint about the way you played it. Raising the turn should be a considered option since its realistic (at that time) that you have BB beat but the tight paranoid MP MAY lay down a better hand against you. It looks like you have 14 outs so when raising is wrong it doesn't cost much, but it can easily save you the entire pot.

Generally play your combination pair+draw hands assertively.

Should you pay it off? You are getting 15:1 and MP is unlikely to have AA or KK since he didn't 4-bet before the flop; but maybe he's pulling a Louie, hehehe.

- Louie

10-15-2001, 01:55 PM
The turn is where I really feel I lost some bets.

I wanted to check-raise because MP was playing the hand in a way that made me think he was beat, and BB is the same guy who check-raised with J-10 on a K-J-x flop half an hour prior. The combination of really thinking I had the best hand combined with redraw outs should have led to a checkraise, but for some reason I just called.

BB showed pocket JJ, I flipped over my AQ. MP flashed KQo and mucked. I took it down.

BB might have even 3-bet me driving out KQ leaving me vulnerable to only one card in the deck (the non club jack). I think I played this hand way too passively. Especially since MP didn't reraise before the flop as Louis noted.