PDA

View Full Version : Ima Chicken plays poker

SoBeDude
01-24-2004, 02:44 PM
good 5-10 game on paradise. a few ok players, a few horrids, one I respect.

UTG limps. not a very good player.

there has not been a lot of raising PF so I take a shot with 55 in UTG+1 and limp. I've been trying to not play these small pairs up front so much, but I felt this was a good spot, and plenty of people to pay me off.

2 more limp after me, BB checks.

Flop is Kh 2c 5c

Nice I hit.

So I bet out, next player (MP) raises, LP calls 2, button folds, now UTG reraises! Easy cap here with whats got to be the best hand. Everyone calls, 4 to see the turn.

Turn is Qh

UTG bets in to me, I raise. MP calls 2 cold, Button calls, UTG calls.

River is Kc giving me a full house and putting the flush out there. I'm a bit concerned because I'm putting UTG on KQ since he bet in to me on the turn when the queen showed up.

UTG checks, I bet, MP raises, Button folds, now UTG fold!

Here's my weak play. I just call.

My hand is good and I rake a very nice pot. MP had the nut flush.

Given all the action I got on this hand, was my calling the raise on the river correct, or is this a GOTTA 3-bet situation? I think I just played too quickly in calling on the river, because I really put MP on the flush draw. I should have believed myself.

Comments?

-Scott

Rock Solid
01-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Well, you called it yourself. MP play screams of flush draw the whole way. Easy three bet here with everyone else out.

banditbdl
01-24-2004, 04:37 PM
I'd be careful thinking the Queen helped UTG when he bet into you on the turn. Remember, you capped it at 4 bets on the flop so he didn't have a chance to raise you again there. His bet on the turn can just indicate he thought he had the best hand on the flop regardless of your cap, it doesn't necessarily mean the queen helped him. I wouldn't be surprised if UTG was putting you on the flush draw.

Gabe
01-24-2004, 04:39 PM
I think the best play would be to check the river to get the most value, because MP or LP will bet their flush then, if SB folds or only calls, check raise. I would call a check raise by the SB, since he may have 22 or sometimes even a flush.