PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting a raked game, advice needed

AgileMike
01-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking about starting a raked game. I currently play in a small private raked game. It's always full, and I think there are many poker players in my area that are looking for a game. I plan to rent a rent a small space so I would not be playing in my home. The law enforcement seems fairly lax towards the games. I think worst case scenario they would ask me to shut the game down.

Anyone have advice?

How many hands per hour can I expect to deal? I'm thinking around 30, but I don't have a solid figure.

Any help would be appreciated...

StevieG
01-24-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The law enforcement seems fairly lax towards the games. I think worst case scenario they would ask me to shut the game down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst case is that law enforcement actually prosecutes. Lax enforcement can change at any time.

This is not something to be taken lightly.

lefty rosen
01-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Getting raided is no big deal, getting robbed or getting a player shot is, you better know what your doing ie have security cameras and only let players that you know play on the table.

Terry
01-26-2004, 03:37 AM
When the cops see all those cars during the first game they will assume you’re having a party. When they see them the second time they will make it their business to find out what’s going on ... it’s what cops do.

Best bet is to have a cop / mayor / city councilman type playing in your game. I would definitely not make a video tape record of anything ... the record the cops make of the license plate numbers will be plenty.

AgileMike
01-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. I need video for security. I think I'll run it into a digital video recorder, but I'll encrypt it so it can't ever be used.

AgileMike
01-28-2004, 01:10 AM
How do most private card rooms handle security? I'm thinking of a locked front door with video. Any other ideas?