PDA

View Full Version : Reposting a hand from micro forum...

ElSapo
01-24-2004, 12:24 PM
The more I thought about this, the more interesting I thought it was -- not my play, but the play of the other players. Thought I'd repost, but it may simply be more straightforward than I thought...

Between all the players who went to the showdown, only one had outs to anything but a chop,

Loose-passive table on Party 1/2. Pretty normal.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP1

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, Hero limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(8 SB): Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, Hero raises, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

Turn(9 BB): 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, SB calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

River(14 BB): 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB folds, EP1 calls

slavic
01-24-2004, 03:49 PM
ElSapo -

I think you played it well. Your raise cleans up overcards that may kill you. Your going to see a showdown, so why not bet it? The bet out of the blue on the river though looks real fishy. I think I would do 1 of 2 things here.

Wimp out and call, or raise the river and fold to a reraise.

ElSapo
01-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I thought the hand was interesting because MP3 had AK, EP2 had 44 and EP1 had 77.

I started thinking about this hand...

1. If MP3 raises pre-flop, he could probably win this pot.

2. MP3 is the only one with a hand which can improve to anything but a split.

3. If he could see the other cards out there, he should three-bet the flop for value, despite being behind to three full houses. Seems he's gonna win this pot 1/3 of the time but he's getting 3-1 on his money with 7 outs and would almost definitely get the free card, and could win the pot outright.

4. Did EP2 think his hand improved?