PDA

View Full Version : weak game vs super aggr/ maniacal oppon

10-12-2001, 01:41 PM
I am a winning low limit player tight/aggressive/imaginative,doing well in all games full-shorthanded-heads- up except one type.

When there is a player or players very aggressive preflop (almost every hand raised) in a full ring game or shorthanded I can't seem to ever beat the game. I have no trouble w/ this type player heads up-in fact i prefer them--just can't beat them if another person or persons is in the game.

I have read numerous books including HFAP but can't seem to come up with a good strategy--reraising-playing extra tight--etc.. they always seem to have it when i call--i do feel i'm folding my big blind too much but do you call w/ 83s type of hands? Short of giving up this type of game (which i have considered but feel it's essential to my development as a player) i would appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks

10-13-2001, 06:22 PM
No you should not call with 83s in any live game. You want to be on the left of the maniac to isolate him by reraising any hand that you feel is strong enough to call his raise with.