PDA

View Full Version : Is this how to go out?

rtrombone
01-24-2004, 02:17 AM
$30 Party NL tournament. A little over 300 entrants.

We're down to fewer than 50. Blinds are 200 and 400. I have 4500, a slightly smaller than average stack. It's still frighteningly loose, so it's not easy to steal blinds. Basically, I've resolved to raise with only decent cards if I can and stack on the flop if I hit.

I open raise to 1000 from MP with AQ offsuit. LP cold-calls. He does this a lot. I am pretty sure I am ahead of him, as he plays a lot of hands. (He did just cold-call with AA when a guy with AQ raised, then called when AQ stacked on the K J x flop. A T came on the turn and AQ doubled up. This hand was an aberration, though.)

Now the small blind pushes for 2700 total. Big blind folds. Now I KNOW LP is going to call, giving me immediate odds of 4-1. Small blind would push here with 88 and better (maybe even any pocket pair), along with any big ace. After I call I will have 1800 left. LP has me covered.

I call. LP calls. Flop is K Q 9 rainbow. I move in. Comments?

LP called with AhJh. Small blind had JJ. A T came on the river and LP busted both of us.

Bluff1
01-24-2004, 02:40 AM
I would have moved in preflop to try to shut lp out and get me heads up with sb. Even if you know lp will call your all in raise might as well move in because you can't fold no matter what the flop brings. IMHO

Cowboybud25
01-24-2004, 12:46 PM
The only move i see here is to go all in.If u just call he's going to put u all in anyway.I dont see how u could just call here.U would have put to much of your stack in with just a call might as well go for it all.