PDA

View Full Version : Correct all in?

spatz
01-24-2004, 12:51 AM
$50 buy in at a brick and mortar. I've been in about 4 rotations and have only played one hand that missed. I have about 35 in front of me. A very aggressive game considering the low buy in. 6 stacks between 200 - 300. The big stacks are raising $10 - $15 pre-flop with anything. (ie Q-10o etc...)

I pick up A /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in mid/late position. Everyone has limped to me, and I limp too.

Flop A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Checked to the guy on my right who makes it 8 to go. On the smaller side of a flop bet, but not to uncommon. The guy has a big stack of about 300+.

I decide to push with top pair bad kicker, flush draw. I've seen the original better call $30 bets with top pair no kicker. Thinking back I wouldn't expect the original bettor to fold. At this point I have a pretty tight image, so it's still possible.

Folded to the original bettor, who thinks for about a minute then calls. He turns over A /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif for two pair. I need the queen to pair or a spade. Niether hit, I loose the pot.

Knowing what I knew, was this a bad all in? Meaning, that the original bettor had me covered by a long shot, and was willing to call with just about anything? I felt it was to strong of a hand/draw to fold. Was an all in the correct move here?

TIA
Tom

Paul2432
01-24-2004, 01:10 AM
With your stack size, I would move all-in every time with this hand.

BTW, what were the blinds?

Paul

spatz
01-24-2004, 01:33 AM
blinds were 1-2

SpaceAce
01-24-2004, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
blinds were 1-2

[/ QUOTE ]

With a $50 buy-in? Geez.

SpaceAce

rodeoclown
01-24-2004, 06:03 AM
Against top two or top bottom, you're about 1/3 to win.
Against AK, about 45%. Any worse than AK, you're a
favorite; only marginally until you get to A8 or worse.
(You're actually also a slight fav. over bottom two).
Anything A8 or worse, you utterly destroy.

So your play here depends on what type of hand your
opponent is capable of calling with. If only one of
the hands you're losing to will call you, you probably
shouldn't push, since you're a monstrous favorite over
other hands he might continue to bet (e.g. a weak A, or
even a Q if the game is as LAG as you say).

I think the push is decent, though, considering at worst
you are 33% to win, and you say he will call with almost
anything. It's tough you ran into one of those hands,
and didn't hit the spade, but I think, against that type
of player, it has to be a +EV push.

TylerD
01-24-2004, 07:29 AM
$50 min buy-in would be my guess. All-in every time with your small stack.

spatz
01-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Actually its a $50 max buy in. Blinds are 1-2, and the rake is 3. The games is so easy to beat though it is worth it.

youngladyfriend
01-26-2004, 01:09 AM
If you know the original bettor was going to call your all-in, and you said you've seen him call top pair "no kicker".. in my opinion 7 is no kicker. You must know you are behind in the hand and if you are willing to gamble and go for your 1 in 3 shot of making your flush by the river by all means go for it. Can't say whether or not I'd do it... I'd have to know the players. I like your chances though...

Or.. and I think this opinion is not favorable, but the wine made it cross my mind. If you just call the bet on the flop to see if you make your flush on the turn... and if you dont and the bettor puts you in.. you can assume your beat and call it a $10 loss instead of a $35 loss... If he has a weak hand, he may check to you and you can see the river for free.. and if he has a strong hand he may try to check raise and you can suprise him by checking to see the river for free.. if you don't make your flush, you know you are beat and you should have another glass of wine /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*youngladyfriend