PDA

View Full Version : My craps system: what do you think?

el_grande
01-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Simple question. What is your opinion of this $5 craps method? I've used it successfully on several Vegas trips. If you know a way to tweak it for better results or think it sucks completely, let me know. Just throwing it out there. (Step #1 is probably the biggest problem with the system.)

1. Walk up to the craps table
2. Wait for a new point to be made
3. Place $66 inside - including the point ($15 on 5, $18 on 6, $18 on 8, $15 on 9)
4. After 2 hits, regress to $22 inside ($5 on 5, $6 on 6, $6 on 8, $5 on 9)
5. Every other hit, press the number that hit. So 3rd hit you collect, 4th hit you press, 5th hit you collect, ..., until the turn is over.

Start over as soon as the next point is made. So if someone rolls 7 three times in a row you don't lose every time.

Essentially, you have no interest in the point. If someone makes their point and your money is still up there you are ALWAYS WORKING on the comeout roll.

When you regress to $22, you have banked $20 no matter what happens. Every hit after that adds to the profit.

The worst thing that can happen is someone makes their point and then a 7 comes right away. But I find this system works pretty well on typical choppy tables. When you see somebody come out, roll 4 numbers and then roll a 7, you can make money.

Easy E
01-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Sounds like you need a pretty big bankroll to cover that. And I'm hesitant to put that spread out there until I see who the shooters are.

Wouldn't you be better off going wrong and laying odds? If they roll 4 numbers and 7, you collect 3 bets (assuming double odds here) for about the same money.

Homer
01-24-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't know anything about craps systems except that no matter what you do you will have a negative expectation.

-- Homer

Jim Kuhn
01-24-2004, 06:26 AM
The worst that could happen would be when #3 happens and the shooter sevens out. You lose $66. Place bets are not as good as come and line bets in craps. The 6 and 8 are not as bad as the 5 and 9. The 4 and 10 should never be placed. You would be less worse off buying the 4 and 10.

It would not take the long run to lose alot of money with this system. I would suggest you try it out for free via computer software or reduce the bets and play $22 inside.

Wake up CALL
01-24-2004, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about craps systems except that no matter what you do you will have a negative expectation.

-- Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true Homer, I have a craps system with a positive expectation.

1. First I eat a large meal.
2. Wait 12 to 18 hours.
3. Sit on the crapper.
4. Wait 2 to 5 minutes.
5. Expel excess crap.
6. Wash, rinse and repeat beginning at step 1.

Spme may argue that this has a 0 EV but if you like to eat I find it to be very positive.

el_grande
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-- Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know that.

However I play craps about twice a year in Vegas. So actually my expectation is to get drunk, have fun at a lively table, and have a decent chance at winning some money in the short term.

Homer
01-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I know that.

However I play craps about twice a year in Vegas. So actually my expectation is to get drunk, have fun at a lively table, and have a decent chance at winning some money in the short term.

Fair enough. Just figured I'd warn you in case you didn't know. I'm all for playing -EV games once in a while for the sake of fun.

-- Homer

ChipWrecked
01-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Newspaper editor (interviewing Homer for food-critic job): I wish I could find somebody who doesn't instantly pooh-pooh whatever he eats!

Homer: Nah, it usually takes me a day or two.