PDA

View Full Version : They are all down because....?

t_perkin
01-23-2004, 08:37 PM
My guess is that they are now so big that if one goes down about 20% of users will go and log onto another site. All the sites are on max capacity anyway, so things just blow up. The more they blow up the fewer the number of sites left to deal with it...

Just a guess tho...

tim

wayabvpar
01-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Either that or some pissed off player is DOS'ing them with some kind of coordinated attack =)

Losing all
01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Hmmm, I hope that's the case. I was thinking more along the lines of big brother/expert team of hackers. I like your option better.

goodguy_1
01-23-2004, 08:45 PM
NO NO NO

this is network wide issue

denial-of service-type attacks have been getting worse for the last 2 weeks.
The last 3-4 days have been the worse.This site aslo suffers from it.Many sites are verey slow.It may only be effected sites that go thru certain hubs..these hubs are having server slow downs for some reason.This site for mehas been slow overy tha last 2 weeks and annoying slow over the last 3-4 days.
Some url's/ip's are fine like YahooFinance right now-no problem..this has been worsening for 3 days now...
All these poker sites probably go thur a similar hub if they all use KGC or some equivalent.But 2+2 is also very slow and has been for a week....??????

HackAttacks (http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/denial_of_service.html)

MMMMMM
01-23-2004, 09:01 PM
DOS attackers should be hung by their thumbs for three days then fed to rats.

Phishy McFish
01-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Any chance it is a worm?? We know the same people would be visiting these sites....can that bring them (worms) from one to another?? I'm sure this is beyond a dumb question.....but my knowledge on that stuff is limited.

Kenshin
01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
<sigh> I was in a 300 dollar pot with top two pair (AK) when Poker stars crashed. I had literally not won once in the previous 100 hands.
Buffeted by the cruel vagaries of fortune,
Kenshin