PDA

View Full Version : First Live Tourney Win!

fsuplayer
01-23-2004, 08:29 PM
I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my posts and posted their own hands as I just won my first live tourney, 20 players and I took it down! I made a great read and moved in on somebody on a steal and then showed him my lesser hand and prompted him to tilt some and give me most of his stack when I moved in on an all-in BB after the tilter had called, with QQ and the tilter thought I was stealing his money again and called me with AJo! I took it down and then won a couple more pots and stayed very aggresive when shorthanded.
I also finished in the money in my first ever multi on Party $20+2. 46th out of 528.

I just wanted to post one hand and see what you tourney experts thought.
Live tourney 5 players left, top 4 pay. I have $80, blinds are $2-4 and short stack has $20 after completing small blind.
Folded to short stack in SB, he completes and I check with
J /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, I bet half pot ($4) and SB moves in on me.
Pot$32, I have $76 and it is $16 to call. What is my move?

Including the possibility of a bluff this is an Auto Call right? Or being a tourney does this change things up? BTW Leader has $160 or so and second has $110 and the other has less than I do.

I figured I need to gather some chips to have some weight to throw around, and I wanted to knock out another player to move up in the money.
I called and he flipped AJo for a stone cold bluff. I hit my flush on the turn and collected the pot after some bitching from the short stack.
What do you guys think?

DougBrennan
01-23-2004, 08:43 PM
I don't know that I'd consider it an auto-call. You're talking about betting 16 into a pot of 32, so the odds are 2:1, which is functionally the odds of hitting your flush. So the pot odds are right, but not overwhelming or anything. Beyond that your stack is 76 to his 32 if you fold, only 60 to 48 if you call and lose.

I'm not saying I think it was a bad call or anything, I'd probably make it myself, but I would not consider it a must-call situation.

TomCollins
01-23-2004, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I called and he flipped AJo for a stone cold bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a stone cold bluff when you are this far ahead?