PDA

View Full Version : Best Poker site

LivingLegend58
01-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Which is the best all around poker site. Including support, play, competition.

Homer
01-23-2004, 06:36 PM
You're better off asking this question in the Internet Gambling forum.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-24-2004, 11:27 PM
I dont think there is a single best all-around site. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

For weak competition, it's party/empire leading the way by a mile. Fish city. Software is so-so. support is so-so. tourney structures for SNGs sux and for multis is mediocre.

for software, it's pokerstars hands down. Competition is tougher tho than at other sites. haven't dealt much with support, so no comment. tourney structures are the very best at stars. Overall rating for the site is very high, except I wish there were as many fish there are there is at party/empire.

paradise is pretty solid in all respects, except that games there tend to be pretty tough.

I have finally decided that UB just plain sux. particularly their bonuses, which take FOREVER to clear.

For smaller sites, I have played several. Absolute sux major ass in all respects, especially support and software. Royal vegas is OK, but they wouldn't take my friggin' neteller deposit, so I had to tell them to kiss my ass after the free $10 they gave me was gone (still have no idea why they wouldn't take it, they claimed it was neteller's fault, which is total BS cuz I used it that same day and it worked fine). True poker I just opened an account so I can play on the LOONEY TOONS team in feb. Lots of extras like sounds, heavy graphics, etc. We'll see what the competition there is like. Found it amazing that they have 1900 players online but don't have any stud games.

In the end, I play mostly at party/empire for one reason only: the competition there is weak, weak, weak. Even at 10-20 there will usually be at least one fish, sometimes several. The really good players are spread out most of the time cuz there are so many tables. If I get into a tough game, I just switch tables. Many tables available for all games, not just limit friggin' hold'em. I make most of my money on empire/party playing H/L stud, and I can always find a game, which is unlike most sites.

al

bigpooch
01-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Informative post. BTW, which LOONEY TOON r u ?