PDA

View Full Version : aol spam-fighter run amok.,,,,,the struggle continues.

MicroBob
01-23-2004, 05:10 PM
a lot to read i know.....the first part is an e-mail with empire-poker...the 2nd part is a conversation with aol.
anyone else having probs with this??

if this is not of interest to anyone i apologize.

my hand-histories stopped showing up at my aol address a couple of days ago.
time to get a POP3 address i think.

hello aol support -
i am still not getting e-mails from the address info@empirepoker.com.
i was previously getting all the e-mails i needed from them, but that stopped a couple of days ago.
i have checked my spam-blocker about 100 times and have chatted with aol-support 5 times and empirepoker support several times also. empirepoker insists that the e-mails are being returned to them.
please look into this.
here is a copy of my latest correspondance with empirepoker.

thank you -

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

With regards to the e-mail that you have sent us, please know that this
is not a problem from our end, the e-mails that we send to you are sent
from our server but is not being accepted by the server at your end.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to
contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to
assist you either via our live help feature or via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Japheth
Customer Care Department

--Original Message--
Date: 2004-01-22 18:48
To: info@empirepoker.com
Subject: e-mails of hand-histories and validation-code[#528486]

hello,
i tried switching my e-mail address back to my preferred aol-address
but am still unable to receive the validation-code at this address. it seems all e-mails from info@empirepoker.com are no longer coming through to my aol address. this was not previously a problem.

i will continue to use this yahoo address for now but am hopeful that
you folks can correct the problem with aol so that the e-mails can go
through.

i was told by empirepoker.com support that this is a problem that several aol members are having.

thank you,

Welcome ...
Connecting to server. Please wait...
Connected to server. An agent will be with you shortly
Welcome to America Online's Live Help Area. A Customer Care Consultant will be with you shortly.
AOLTechRGP has joined this session!
Hello. Welcome to Live Technical Support. My name is Ronaldo.
stated the question or problem as: i am no longer receiving e-mails from info@empirepoker.com.
Are you contacting us about the computer you are using?
AOLTechRGP: Pleased to meet you =o)
AOLTechRGP: I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you.
: likewise
: yes...this is the computer i am using
AOLTechRGP: There are several steps you can take to find out why you are not getting mail. First, make sure your Mail and Spam Controls (AOL Keyword: Spam Controls) are set so that you're not blocking e-mail from the sender.
: yes...i have been down that road several times before...
: if i may, i have an e-mail from their support team i would like to send
AOLTechRGP: Sure, please make sure that your Mail and Spam Control is not set to blocked their emails.
: yes
AOLTechRGP: Please forward that email you receive from them so that I can check it out.
: there are no blocks
: this is my 5th conversation with aol support
AOLTechRGP: Please forward the email to AOLTechRGP@aol.com
: i have not blocked any addresses
: ty
AOLTechRGP: You're welcome
: i have sent the e-mail....are you the one receiving it
: ??
AOLTechRGP: Yes, thanks checking on it.
: ok....good.
AOLTechRGP: Thanks for waiting.
: no problem....lots to read i know
AOLTechRGP: The problem is the emails from those server are being blocked by AOL due to Spam or Bulk
mails.
AOLTechRGP: AOL may have received large amounts of junk e-mail from someone using this domain name. Whoever is trying to send you e-mail should contact his or her e-mail provider.
: right....i figured that
AOLTechRGP: The AOL Postmaster Guide for Internet Users is available at http://postmaster.info.
aol.com/index.html
: i understand....but this is not junk e-mail.
: i receive several e-mails from this group everyday to incorporate into my stats program
: they typically do not send out spam...but anyone who plays on their site mah be requesting a lot of e-mails from them
AOLTechRGP: Yes, but AOL detect those emails a Spam, and to fix the problem you need to contact the sender's postmaster and have them contact AOL Postmaster to Unblock their emails.
AOLTechRGP: If you believe your organization's e-mail provider can adhere to AOL guidelines provided at this site: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/policy/sender.html,
AOLTechRGP: please ask your e-mail provider to call our Postmaster Hotline at 703-265-4670 or 1-888-
212-5537 and the Postmaster group will evaluate your mailing patterns and resolve any outstanding issues with your server or domain.
: yes....they have told me they have been in contact with aol and that the problem was going to be
fixed
: ok...how do i e-mail this conversation to myself??
AOLTechRGP: To save these instructions, click OPTIONS just below our chat window, then click COPY/PRINT. The text of this conversation will display in a new screen within AOL. To save the file, click FILE menu on top bar of your AOL screen, then click SAVE.
: wait....i figured it out.
AOLTechRGP: You may want to write down the filename and folder where you saved the text so that you
can locate it later.
: ok...thanks
AOLTechRGP: Great job!
AOLTechRGP: You are most welcome Bob. =o)
: ty for your help...i will forward this conversation to empirepoker..
: bye
AOLTechRGP: AOL is fighting junk e-mail. Please go to AOL Keyword: Spamfighters to see what AOL is doing to combat the problem and to see what you can do.

Drunk Bob
01-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Are you running AOL 9.0 ? I tried it and went back to 8.0.

AOL sucks /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MicroBob
01-23-2004, 05:23 PM
yeah...it's 9.0 because that was already installed on my new computer. i dont know if that is making the difference though.
i was still able to get e-mails and hh's from partypoker though the last time i checked......i would have thought party would have sent their little spam-meters peaking.

aol is ticking me off and i will not be with them by the end of the year i suspect.
i think i can get away with changing e-mail addresses.

Drunk Bob
01-23-2004, 05:36 PM
All I can say is that when I up graded to 9.0 things went nuts.

I bought my computer with 8.0 installed and when 9.0 came out I upgraded.

All the poker rooms silent,no sound of the chips hitting

Drunk Bob
01-23-2004, 05:40 PM
the felt.

See if you can down load 8.0 and or find a better ISP.