PDA

View Full Version : Prima 50NL QQ in MP

bunky9590
01-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Here's a hand that I think I got too aggressive with, but I need some input.

UTG (38.00) is the villian in the hand (loose passive and calls way too much, but plays solid hands)

UTG limps, 2 other limpers to me, I raise to $4.00 with mix matched Queens (I have 115.00). All fold to BB who calls, UTG calls. 3 to the flop with $12.25.

Flop comes: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif ( I have Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

BB checks, UTG checks, I bet $12.00, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG bets $5.00, I call.

River comes J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG bets $5.00, I raise him all in. He calls.

I called the turn because I wanted to give him the chance to bet away the rest of his money on the river, that was such a gutless bet on the turn I figured I would scare him off with a all in raise. Good play, bad play? Resluts to follow. But did I go about this the right way?

GrinningBuddha
01-23-2004, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(loose passive and calls way too much, but plays solid hands)

[/ QUOTE ]

God, these were the guys that killed me last night. TT on a 9 4 2 board loses to JJ that doesn't raise once in the hand. JJ on another rag board loses to QQ, which didn't raise either. Blah.

FWIW, I'd end up in the same situation as you on your hand. With nothing but undercards I'm betting in a fashion that will get his chips in the pot after all is said and done. Was is an uber-passive KK?

bunky9590
01-23-2004, 04:59 PM
GB called it spot on. Weakest played KK I've ever seen.

Thyped in after the hand "whew, thought you had AA"
I poiltely responded "nh"

He proceded to give it away to other players but i still finished up 40 on the session though.

Anybody else have to slow down there?

muzungu
01-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Hmm...
I play pretty tight (and I read the results before posting...), but I think calling his river bet is fine here. Thinking about the stack sizes, your all-in is only another $12, so it's not a huge swing either way, but what could he have here that you're ahead of? AT, maybe? He called your pot-sized bet on the flop and let out the turn (admittedly for very small- maybe trying to get to the showdown for cheap with his T), but he has to have something. Note that the river card is about the last card you'd want to see here, since now you are losing to JJ (another likely holding- probably what I would have put him on having not read the results) as well as TT, KK, and AA. Note also that if he doesn't have much, "scaring him off" on the river with an all-in bet has the same effect as just calling- you win the same amount.

-muz

bunky9590
01-23-2004, 06:09 PM
At this limit he could have alot of hands that I am ahead of and bet or call with them.

I just feel I got sprung with KK and he played it passively but well against and aggressive opponent.

Not a bad beat story but I was just wondering if this was a standard double him up situation?

GrinningBuddha
01-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Many of these players don't even need a ten to bet like this. 66-99 could do this, or any ten. They would see that they have a full house, bet out and call a raise quite easily. Think Party 25NL without the aggressiveness.